ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Cleee-O

S23

The Cleee-O
Right!

Thought it was about time that I created a thread on here for the Cleee-O. Although it started it's life with me being an old man's car, I have some plans for it that will turn it into something far different. I'm going to go down a semi Euro/OEM+ look. I think it will work quite well.

So, this is where is where it all started...

DSCF5429.jpg

As you might be able to spy in the reflection of my old Lupo, is the car that replaced it.

IMG_5984.jpg

IMG_5993.jpg

As a car I can't really fault it. It's a 1.5 DCi engine with 82bhp standard. Not mind-blowing, but pretty quick and quite torquey :D

So yea, that was what it looked like up until about about a month ago. Been rollin' around stock for a year, but now the time of cheaper modified insurance has come, and it's time to sort it out :D

First thing I did was sort out the sound...

IMG_5964.jpg

IMG_5967.jpg

... And yes, it did all fit in :p And it sounded a lot better :)

Then I gave it a good clean and waxing session which took best part of a day, but the result was well worth it.

IMG_6007.jpg

Then last week, Mr Postman bought me something rather tasty :D

IMG_6034.jpg

IMG_6030.jpg

So then it came to fit them...

IMG_6051.jpg

Got Rake? :lol:

IMG_6043.jpg

So yea. Did the back a nite after work so that's why it was a bit dark, then did the fronts the next morning. And the end result looks like this...

IMG_6054.jpg

IMG_6063.jpg

IMG_6067.jpg

8)

So yea, that is where the car is up to at the moment. Pretty happy with the stance now, and need to clean up my steelies until I get my alloys :p. Can't wait to get them. Been toying with the idea of either 16x9's or 14x8's. But I reckon it's 14's FTW!

So yea, any comments welcome. :D

S23

The Cleee-O
Cheers boys :D. Glad you approve.

Slammed172 - Yea, a Euro-d five door always looks good to me :p Slammage and dinky wheels suits them so well imo.

W4tson - Progress should be coming thick and fast hopefully :D. Yea man maybe, have been looking for one but honestly can't find them. Looked all over the K-Tec site and everything =/ . Also, is it true that you have to take off the whole front bumper just to put it on?

Dan29 - Yea man, slammed on steels is epic! Compared it with the hubcaps, Hands down win for the bare steelies :p

S23

The Cleee-O
Roughly 60 back and 65 front? Got another 10 or so left on the front which I'll probably use when I get my alloys. :D

S23

The Cleee-O
Hmmm, that is what I was after! Well I think I may get myself one of those on payday then :D

S23

The Cleee-O
I'm getting Borbet T's 14x8 with streched 195/45 tires. Front and back for some proper stance :D.

If you haven't seen them, then they look like this...

borbet-t-gr.jpg

:cool:

Clio mk2 ph2
Nice 1 mate, i love 5-door projects! Wish i could get more done to mine but im a poor student :(

S23

The Cleee-O
Mate! I know how you feel man, I'm starting my 2nd year at uni in September. So working as much as possible over the summer just so my car can be sorted by the time i get back. :S

Ah well, I love it too much to care :D

Never above 25mpg
Front grille comes off easy.

Press the tabs the opposite way to whcih theyre clipped in and push the grille backwards towards the slam panel.

Then just position new grille and clip it back in.

Takes 5 mins.

I can see this becoming a really nice clio, and audio is always a great place to start. Although I would've gone Alpine because they sound just as good if not better and are much less green.

S23

The Cleee-O
Thanks everyone for your gud comments, just come back to the computer and they have all been a pleasure to read, so thanks for your feedback :D.

I did indeed fit the audio system all by myself, took a while. But, you can't see any cables (as they're all hidden on the bottom trim on the passengers side) which I'm very happy about.

Ha, thanks for all of you're wheel suggestions as well, I have had my heart torn about what to do in fairness but I have decided to go for the Borbets so there is no budging on that I'm afraid people :p. I have been thinking about sizes too, I originally wanted the 16x9's on the rear, and 16x8's on the front, however they'll bring the car up too much and I think the wheels will be that little bit too big for the look that I'm going for tbh. So it will be 14x8's for some symmetrical and sorted stance :cool:

However! I have been toying with the idea of banded steelies (indeed in a mildly lairy colour). I've also wanted these for agesssss. I would get them in the Liquid Yellow metallic colour, as I haven't seen a this done before, and it would complement the metallic blue (F1 colours and all, plus would tie in well with my Blue, Yellow & Black Colour scheme for the car). If I get these it'd probably be winter (as I'd like a winter set of wheels ;)) and I wouldn't have the money for it anytime soon. lol :rasp: And before anyone says anything I know they would be a pretty expensive winter set, but I am still torn between the alloys and banded's. So I figured 'get them both!'

Ha. Well yea, of course I will keep you all posted! Feel free to add any comments or whatever. And once again, thanks for all of your encouragement :)

P.S. Been out for a little mish with my coilies, and by god do they stick! V-Maxx coilies FTW! :clown:

S23

The Cleee-O
Oh yea. And VeinAST; thanks for the info on the grille, that sounds a hell of a lot easier to do then I originally thought. Is there a guide on here how to do it? Like with pictures and things?

But yea, anyway. Just wanted to say thanks for that. Means a new grille is a definate thing to get now, cause it's easy to fit :rasp:

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
do you mind getting some side on pics of the actual height of it as im still stuck with what coilovers to get, cheers

Combo
Looks great mate.

Love it on the steelies, and would love to see some banded ones, but if your heart is set, well, it's you car.

S23

The Cleee-O
do you mind getting some side on pics of the actual height of it as im still stuck with what coilovers to get, cheers

Sure man will do :D. Only problem is it is raised quite a lot at the moment (much to my disgust), cause I need to get my tracking sorted and it was too low to get onto any garage ramps (even the sunk into the ground ones). But yea, got the tracking sorted, and then found out the front left track rod end is on its way out, so getting a new one of those ordered tomorrow. Hopefully should be all fixed for Tuesday, but will take a couple as soon as it's done :)

In fairness, there is a lot of rake, but hey. I love rake ;)

S23

The Cleee-O
Cheers for the comment Alexander. Glad you like it. Yea, I've rolled on steelies for a year now. And I need some alloy loving in my life :rasp:. Ha, knowing me though I'll probably get bored anyway so you'll probably see the bandeds sometime in the future,lol :)

1.4 phase 1
nice, think you should go with some powdercoated steeleys. also whats the fusion ice like?

S23

The Cleee-O
nice, think you should go with some powdercoated steeleys. also whats the fusion ice like?

I need some dishhh :cool:

Yea man the fusion stuff is good. The sub is immense, and the speakers have a really good treble range. Took a while to set it up right, but the end result is brilliant. Proper impressed with the quality, and also the price. Would very much recommend them :D .

S23

The Cleee-O
shame its a 5 door but still looks good

Yea man. :dapprove: I've never liked five doors unless it's a saloon or estate. But it was the only 80 bhp one at the time I had to buy one, and I think it will make it when it's all done the fact that it is a five door ;)

S23

The Cleee-O
Given my Cleee-O a clean and that, and taken some fotos. Happy with the way it's looking at the minute, but can't wait until I get my wheels :D .

So yea, here's some pics that I got from my day off yesterday. There is a couple of the side stance for someone that asked too :) .

Hope you like. :approve:

Road-Side Shot:

IMG_6097.jpg

Front Shot:

IMG_6136.jpg

Some Side Stance Pics:

IMG_6092.jpg

IMG_6101.jpg

Splitter Gap:

IMG_6107.jpg

And The Scene-Drop Shot :rasp: :

IMG_6116.jpg

Any comments more than welcome :)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
looks great, thanks for the side shot, just wanted to see the height on the rear now the front is dropped down, good work!

S23

The Cleee-O
Not a lot has happened recently, due to having to fork out £450 on a service and cambelt...and they wanted near enough £100 to do the front pads, and £300 to do the rear shoes....'Umm, I'm good thanks mate. At that price I'll do them myself thanks.'

Anywho, in the process of getting my new rear spoiler :D. Obviously I have very little money, so I have bought these, some new lights. :cool:

And before anyone says anything! I know that my car is proper filty...might start writing on it soon 'I wish my missus was as filthy as this' etc. Haha.:rasp:

Before:
DSC00180.jpg

Half way through comparison:
DSC00183.jpg

Dun-Did :) :
DSC00185.jpg

And some random shots that nite:

DSC00187.jpg

DSC00192.jpg

DSC00193.jpg

So yea. I'll let you know when something more exciting happens soon! I want some whimmmmzzzz. :(