ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio 1.2 Sport...

PH1 1.2s
Hi, first of all im 17 and for my first car ive picked up a 1.2 phase 1 sport. cost £1000 and shes all in good condition with 49k on the clock

th_1.jpg
th_4.jpg
th_3.jpg
th_11.jpg

not the best looking clio in the world but its a decent starting point for a project.

first thing i did was ditch the tape deck and upgrade the sound so i treat it to a new stereo.
th_10.jpg

also i picked up some 6x9's an amp and a sub to put in the back...
th_6.jpg
th_7.jpg

i then got some smoked indicators as the standard orange ones were looking worse for wear, also slammed in an aluminium Renault tax disc holder.
th_2.jpg
th_9.jpg

then i finally got rid of the horrific 14's that was on it and replaced them with the phase 2 172 alloys and spent a day refurbing them and spraying them gloss black...
th_8.jpg
th_5.jpg

and thats how she currently stands now had a few ideas what else i would like to do;
  • 172 side skirts
  • back 3 windows tinted with a sun strip
  • bee sting aerial as it currently looks like an RC car haha
  • lowering springs
  • colour code the trim
  • classic black and silver number plates
ive also ordered some smoked mk2 tailights i shall put a picture up when they arrive. if anyone else has any ideas what i can do please share :) thanks for viewing

The price & mileage sound good. Likewise Ph2 172 wheels are a decent addition, though black on silver never looks particular brilliant IMO. Just looks cheap/chavy.

Colour coding makes a massive difference and is definitely worthwhile. 172 side skirts are a bit, pointless IMO. Once lowered 30mm or so you don't really need them IMO as the doors/body sort of curves underneath the car anyway. That and a set of sideskirts will be a disproportional amount of money.

Smoked taillights/sub/6x9/sunstrip/tints is also a very cost effective route if you're tryign to make yourself look like the typical boy racer.

Have a look at the modified non-sports thread ("non sport" refers to the "non Renaultsport" ones, i.e. anything that isn't a 172/182/197/200/V6 i.e. yours) for some ideas of how to make a non sport look great whilst avoiding looking like the local idiot "rudeboi." http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?331979-Non-Sports-In-Here&highlight=modified+non+sport

One last thing - be original without making it look s***e haha. To be fair it's the Ph2 that suffers from this the most, but you don't need to slap on an entire 172 bodykit/interior to make a Clio look good. Infact the best looking ones are those that are a bit original and not just another 1.2 replica.

Last edited:
  PH1 1.2s
yeah good point about the skirts, having just a few ideas what to do with it, i shall have a look at the link too thankyou :)