ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio 1.6 16V project from The Netherlands

Clio 1.6 16V 2002
Hi all,

My name is Tim, I'm from The Netherlands and I have a Clio 1.6 16V Initiale. I have it for about one and a half year now.

I have some pictures of it and modified quite some stuff on it.

This is the car like I picked it up. I worked at a Renault dealership at the time and the car was previously owned by one of the mechanics.
Foto-LAD8OIFU.jpg

The thing I liked the most about it was the colour and the fact that the Initiale is completely stuffed with options.

First thing I changed was the audio. The standard HU with disc-changer was quite good but I missed some bass.

So I fitterd a Pioneer WX 77A active subwoofer and a JBL GTO 508C Composet.

Foto-HSQR4YHG.jpg

After this it was time to lower the car. So I got it lowered 40mm with a kit from Apex.

scaled.php

While driving the car I missed the center armrest I had in my previous car, but it was black so it didn't fit the beige interior. I got some left over leather and alcantara and did some new upholstory on it.

After a while I needed new wheels because I didn't like the aftermarket wheels the mechanic had put on the car, so I got myself a set of RS-wheels!

dsc0052d.jpg

dsc0057nw.jpg

dsc0064bq.jpg

I also fitted a new 16V spoiler and a new set of interior carpets.

Currently I'm running on wintertires with steel rims. I've sold the RS-wheels because I had to use spaces and didn't like the way the car handled.

I bought a set of 16" AEZ Xylo's.. and painted them gloss white.

To match the white wheels I wrapped my mirror caps, the diamonds and all the interior trim.

imag0994.jpg

De velgen worden wit gespoten en daarbij ook m'n spiegels en logo's wit gewrapped.
imag1042.jpg

img20120113wa0000.jpg

This week my newly painted wheels will be fitted with the tires and I will see if the weather still requires me to drive on the wintertyres.

To give you an impression, this is how it will look:

rodeklauwen2.jpg

I hope you all like what I've done to the car untill now:cool:

Clio 1.6 16V 2002
Thnx guys!

@ Woody: not for now, when the wheels are on I think it will look good and stay that way for now. Only thing I am currently thinking off is changing the steering wheel, or getting it refurbished and maybe wrapping the inside rear view mirror in white.

@ Wayne: I agree that they look really good, but the ride was bad, the spacers made the steering very odd. They had to go! The Xenons are standard on the Initiale, I also have the leather and alcantara seats from the RS, but then in Beige.. I will upload some pictures of the interior when I have time..

Clio 1.6 16V 2002
Finished the final coat of lacker today, but the weather has turned to snow here, so I will wait for better weather before fitting them to the car..

here's how they came out:

imag1079e.jpg

looks good mate :) would you recomend the 40mm apex springs though? I'm thinking about lowering mine about 40mm, maybe even 60mm. I'll have to do a photohop or something :p Also how much did they set you back? less than coilovers I imagine :)

Clio 1.6 16V 2002
looks good mate :) would you recomend the 40mm apex springs though? I'm thinking about lowering mine about 40mm, maybe even 60mm. I'll have to do a photohop or something :p Also how much did they set you back? less than coilovers I imagine :)

Because I worked at the dealership then I could get them with a huge discount trough one of the suppliers.. But I'm really satisfied with the Apex Springs.. The ride is so much better than the standard springs.. It also lifts one of the back wheels with aggresive cornering ;)

Clio 1.6 16V 2002
Brought the wheels to the dealership yesterday to fit the tyres.. Unfortunatelly there's snow here now.. so have to drive on the wintertyres some more..

here's a preview:

imag1090.jpg

Octavia VRS LE
hated the wheels in silver, i actually like them in white! good work! get some shot of the interior!!

Clio 1.6 16V 2002
Gave the car a good clean today and made some better pictures.. Interior pictures will follow in a week or two..

dsc0110pi.jpg

dsc0113fe.jpg

dsc0114ea.jpg

dsc0115jp.jpg

dsc0109aj.jpg

Clio 1.6 16V 2002
Thnx:) I also ordered Cup striping so that will be the next update. It's already been shipped so I hope to receive it soon! Cheers

Clio 1.6 16V 2002
Modifications so far on the Clio:

- Lowered by 40 mm with Apex Springs
- 16" Aez Xylo's in white
- RS-grille
- New original interior mats
- 16V Spoiler
- Clio 3 Cup striping
- Wrapped exterior parts
- Wrapped interior parts
- Tinted windows
- Removed Resonancebox

Clio 1.6 16V
Hi all,

My name is Tim, I'm from The Netherlands and I have a Clio 1.6 16V Initiale. I have it for about one and a half year now.

I have some pictures of it and modified quite some stuff on it.

This is the car like I picked it up. I worked at a Renault dealership at the time and the car was previously owned by one of the mechanics.
View attachment 880190

The thing I liked the most about it was the colour and the fact that the Initiale is completely stuffed with options.

First thing I changed was the audio. The standard HU with disc-changer was quite good but I missed some bass.

So I fitterd a Pioneer WX 77A active subwoofer and a JBL GTO 508C Composet.

View attachment 880191

After this it was time to lower the car. So I got it lowered 40mm with a kit from Apex.

scaled.php

While driving the car I missed the center armrest I had in my previous car, but it was black so it didn't fit the beige interior. I got some left over leather and alcantara and did some new upholstory on it.

After a while I needed new wheels because I didn't like the aftermarket wheels the mechanic had put on the car, so I got myself a set of RS-wheels!

dsc0052d.jpg

dsc0057nw.jpg

dsc0064bq.jpg

I also fitted a new 16V spoiler and a new set of interior carpets.

Currently I'm running on wintertires with steel rims. I've sold the RS-wheels because I had to use spaces and didn't like the way the car handled.

I bought a set of 16" AEZ Xylo's.. and painted them gloss white.

To match the white wheels I wrapped my mirror caps, the diamonds and all the interior trim.

imag0994.jpg

De velgen worden wit gespoten en daarbij ook m'n spiegels en logo's wit gewrapped.
imag1042.jpg

img20120113wa0000.jpg

This week my newly painted wheels will be fitted with the tires and I will see if the weather still requires me to drive on the wintertyres.

To give you an impression, this is how it will look:

rodeklauwen2.jpg

I hope you all like what I've done to the car untill now:cool:

Sorry to come after 6 years but do you still have the photos of the car , i would like to see them