ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My clio 172 Phase 1

Phase 1 Clio 172
ok so a few of you know i have just bought a new clio piced it up for 400quid off a mate of a mate
this is how it began

cliofront.jpg

clioside.jpg

the body work is ok bar a dint down the passenger side i hve been quoted 160 for this removing but thats the only quote i have had so far so gonna shop about and find a good body shop to do the job PROPERLY :)
DSCF5536.jpg

the interior is spot on bar for the stearing wheel which seems to be a on going problem with all phase 1 clio's for some reason
DSCF5532.jpg

DSCF5533.jpg

the car was down on compression when me and john T tested for it so looked like the head gasket needed doing so
knowing that sent it off for some engine work ended up with:
head gasket
valves done
and new cam belt fitted and putting through the test

the above cost us around 600 so the car now stands me at a £1000 which isnt bad for a car of this spec there aint much on road which i could get for the same price

as the car is a 2001 plate on 88k miles
and speced at

Specification (Official Renault specs)

* 1998cc 2.0 16V with VVT F4R engine
* Maximum power 172hp at 6250rpm
* Maximum torque 200NM at 5400rpm
* 0-62mph 7.2 seconds (EVO magazine quote it as 6.6secs)
* Power to weight 163bhp/ton
* Max speed 138mph
* Fuel consumption: urban 26.9mpg, extra urban 44.1mpg, combined 35.8mpg <<(this is crap from my expirance lol)

any first thing i wanted to do was change the coulor of the wheels so it looked a little less standard and also spray the badges a different colour just to give an OEM+ feel

DSCF5698.jpg

rattle canned the wheels gloss black and added some rim tape and oz racing decals i got off ebay ;)

DSCF5743.jpg

rattle canned the badges to in orange i like the front diamond in orange but think the clio and renault on the back are gonna be sprayed black as they stand out abit to much and look abit tacky :)

DSCF5736.jpg

heres how it stands at the moment this picture is abit gash as its frozen everywhere and evertime i clean it gets covered in salt :(

next mods i have planned is:
*have the dint removed
*Decat Pipe
*stainless Cat back system
*and lower it either some cheap coileys or expensive springs not to sure yet
*tint the windows
*fit the sub and amp out of the golf

also i have to go pick up some phase 2 rear lights off a mate so that will make the car look a bit more upto date

non sport
great start mate, did a gud job on the alloys too. will look awesome lowered. really gud find bein so cheap

Phase 1 Clio 172
£400?? There has to be a story behind that!?

the lad had had enough of the car spent aload on it and couldnt be bothered to spend any more fair enough 600 quid was a big bill if he had already put alot into it but with me getting it at 400 means i got a good car for a grand

plus i also got the service history up to 60k when the lad i got it off bought it then i got all the recipts from all the work he had done to it so i probably have got the best bargin ever :D

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Looks very nice mate, proper bargain, love the wheels in black, but I think they'll look better without the rim tape.

P.s Buy my mk2 ph2 rear lights ;)

Phase 1 Clio 172
Looks very nice mate, proper bargain, love the wheels in black, but I think they'll look better without the rim tape.

P.s Buy my mk2 ph2 rear lights ;)

one of the wheels is missing the rim tape and it looks better with the rim tape as the wheel just sort of blends into the tyre

and as for the lights mate picking some up off a mate for a fiver when i go to his house ;)