ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my clio 172lossing power and splutters after 5k revs any ideas

172 cup
my 172 has this problem where it losses power over 5k revs and splutters, it does it in each gear could it be the ht leads?

Megane Mk4
If it's the HT leads, it'd do it all across the rev range, mainly when trying to accelerate. Could be sensors for the engine. Do you get any warning lights on the dash?

172 cup
nothing on the dash, wat about the coil pack? i had new plugs in not to long ago then i had this problem but i changed 4 some new ones and it ran sweet but 1week later its doin it again something seems 2 be taking the plugs out i reckon but i dont know wat.

1.2 Clio
If new plugs fixed it, there possibly getting sotted??? Pop on out i bet its black with that dutty charcoaly stuff on it. I'm no mech but i could tell you that!
Mixture? Possibly a sensor thrown a paddy so ECU flooding the tits of it after 5k?

Focus RS mk1
i have exactly the same problem! ive put a thread up in this section the other day. ive had plugs, leads, coilpack and 1st lamda sensor and i still have it! no light on dash and no codes stored! its intermittent but only ever happens around the 5k mark then once past it goes away. im thinking maybe fubar'ed injector or maybe tdc sensor.

172 cup
my plugs arent sooted, so im thinking like rob maybe a faulty injector. but 1st im gonna try some other new plugs and if they work it could also be a coil pack prob. wont know till i try cheers all. 2 rob if u sort urs keep us posted and i'll do the same.

172 cup
not coil pack. just put some injector cleaner into it and we'll see wat happens. ht leads coming tommoz. someone mentioned a blocked cat? anyone any ideas?