ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My clio as a daily driver :(

audi a6 3.0tdi
As the vectra is up for sale i thought i would stop putting miles on it and use the clio for daily purposes. I'm really not looking forward to this as i work at silly times so i'm going to wake the neighbours and no doubt get plenty of attention from the police as they are the only cars i see on the road at half two. Not only that i've got to put up with the bucket seat and harness, windscreen washers not working, no rear heated screen.

I'm feeling sorry for myself, yes i sound like a tart but when you are used to driving along in silence and comfort with out drawing any attention to yourself it makes a big change.

Comfy barges ftw

audi a6 3.0tdi
i don't want to use the vectra as i'm going to get it all clean and polished up and i don't want it getting filthy with in ten minutes of driving.

I used my old clio daily for two years which was identical to this one as all my parts are off my old one but i've been spoilt, once you have got used to the comfort and effortless driving of the barge it gets hard to get back into the clio.

audi a6 3.0tdi
I've just put a headunit in the clio for a bit of entertainment and to try and drown out the exhaust a bit.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Thing is, it could be 'comfy cruser' if it hadnt been stripped with rude boy exhausts ;) ............

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
This is why loads of people get p**sed off with their Clios being noisy hard and rattly though. Keep it pretty stock and it *shouldn't* be hard to live with. This is why i always keep the running gear pretty stock. Last thing you want is a droney annoying zorst or cold stripped interior when your knackered.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I know exactly what you mean !

When my car went into rehab for its facelift in April, I had about 5 weeks with the brand new C5 lush-wagen barge. Cruise control to waft about with, massively roomy, comfy and quiet...

Back in the Clio and it was like driving around on a bar stool ! Tiny toy car, sitting half out the door it's so small, no toys, lots of noise, and it bangs and crashes everywhere...

Then I remembered that it went about 3500 RPM and also that the steering wheel worked !

Soon I had forgotten aaaaaall about the big comfy slow-ass barge.

:evil:

audi a6 3.0tdi
thats all well and good but when the vectra is pretty much as quick it kind of ruins that too. plus with all the torque the vectra feels quicker

ZX6R B1H
lol'z your getting old dude!

Grin and bear it for a few months, Awaits " im f**king sick of this b*****d clio, i hate it argggggg" phone call. :D

audi a6 3.0tdi
the vectra is already at 190bhp and 320ftlb of torque but i'm selling the vectra as I want a 120d or a 123d as they will be silly quick with a remap.

RB & LY 182
As the vectra is up for sale i thought i would stop putting miles on it and use the clio for daily purposes. I'm really not looking forward to this as i work at silly times so i'm going to wake the neighbours and no doubt get plenty of attention from the police as they are the only cars i see on the road at half two. Not only that i've got to put up with the bucket seat and harness, windscreen washers not working, no rear heated screen.

I'm feeling sorry for myself, yes i sound like a tart but when you are used to driving along in silence and comfort with out drawing any attention to yourself it makes a big change.

Comfy barges ftw
dnt talk so wet just get in it rev the AR*E out of it then wheel spin away.

alien green rs133
I've just put a headunit in the clio for a bit of entertainment and to try and drown out the exhaust a bit.

i had the problem with boomy exhaust, heres my daily solution

DSC_0004-4.jpg

:eek:

M2 Competition
How many trackdays do you do a year?

If its less than one a month (and even then) just put it back to standard and enjoy it. Otherwise you drive a car thats s**t 360 days of the year, and what you want for 5.