ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio clip needs defending on Youtube from Honda bods.

Did own 172 Cup + 182FF
Sooooo... posted a clip on Youtube of my old Clio Cup on track being filmed from a Honda Type R. Must have got posted on a Honda forum as I mistook it for my other friend's Honda ATR instead of the DC5 it actually is filming it.

Anyhoo - They're hammering Clio's/Renault's. I've deleted some of the more pointlessly abusive remarks (apparently I'm 'c**t' in a Clio), but if you fancy some stupid Honda vs. Renault type banter, feel free to comment.... :clown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFCx4-w1e4g

Last edited:
  Did own 172 Cup + 182FF
I've issued an apology comment about the ATR ITR mix up - I know I'm wrong there!! Checked tonight with my mate and then put together the other vid that confirms my wrongness.

dzm

Inferno 182 + cup packs
Looked like you were very comfortable in the conditions and having a ball at the same time. Regarding the comments, I thought it was going to be a typical youtube 'my car/driving skills are better than your car/driving skills' pi$$ing contest but everyone's remarkably civilised... so far.

Did own 172 Cup + 182FF
Thanks - DZM - looking back at the comments I deleted, I took out a whole thread that was pretty poor. Not too bad now really.

Did own 172 Cup + 182FF
Good driving there mate to stay in front of the dc5 in the wet!!!!!!

I think i miss my ctr now too:(

Thanks - they guy in the DC5 was gonig pretty gingerly most of the time. There's another clip I posted where he had a massive spin that he was lucky not to roll on. The guy with the Accord Type R in that clip was pretty fast - shocked at how well that car went before he wrote it off at the Nurburgring....

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Yeah good driving there mate, I get told all the time that I'm mentel for getting the back end out but they just do it. LOL and ya should know by now about these jap sissy boys, all talk and stays and my car is built better than yours. Basically making excuses why they get beat.

172 Race Car
Love this video, saw it the other day when you posted it. there are some right dicks commenting on youtube tho, so immature and get worked up about pointless things

Christ, that looks quite bad tbh ...you look fast but should the rear really be like that the whole way through nearly every bend, even on exits ?

How would you know how i like it ? ;) personally on the exit of a corner, i wouldn't like my back end stepping out.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
That's pretty much how they handle to be honest, hence why alot of them get crashed. Personally I like it but for less confident drivers they are twitchy.

Did own 172 Cup + 182FF
Christ, that looks quite bad tbh ...you look fast but should the rear really be like that the whole way through nearly every bend, even on exits ?

The 172 Cups are set up quite aggressively anyway, but in those conditions (it really was slippy), if you don't bring the rear into play during the corner, then as you power out of the corner, you just understeer or spin up the inside tyre.
You need to go in hot and carry corner speed as there is no traction to power through the corner.
It's exacerbated as Renaultsport chose not to put LSD's in Clio - they should have them.
You can stop the back doing that by just braking in a straight line, turning in early and smoothly (and at a relatively low speed), then just power through the corner. Not the quickest way though.

With my ast's how they are it goes but doesnt if you know what i mean, it will budge and oversteer slightly but to that extent, you look a very good driver :)

Did own 172 Cup + 182FF
With my ast's how they are it goes but doesnt if you know what i mean, it will budge and oversteer slightly but to that extent, you look a very good driver :)

Cheers dude.

I've got another trackday there in the 182 on 22nd Jan with PE2's on the front and budget tyres on the back. It's very oversteery at the moment, to the point of being a bit too hairy in the wet, so on track should be entertaining...

Going to do a load of filming on-board which should be fun!

182 cup packs
Cheers dude.

I've got another trackday there in the 182 on 22nd Jan with PE2's on the front and budget tyres on the back. It's very oversteery at the moment, to the point of being a bit too hairy in the wet, so on track should be entertaining...

Going to do a load of filming on-board which should be fun!

Looking forward to seeing the footage....