ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio has been killed (pics)

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
gutted for you mate such a shame to see nice car ruined!

be seriously careful about what she says happened that cctv could be crucial!!!, i got hit in a mini i used to own by some pleb who moved into my lane and basically ran his car down the full length of mine starting at my rear wheel all the way to the front wheel, forcing me onto a curb and knackering my front suspension and alloy. i was nearly a cars length in front of him and it was sooo obvious what happened yet because of no witnesses it went 50/50 and he even accused me of running a red light in order to be in front of him! yet 15 secs before the crash we were waiting side by side at a set of lights he accused me of running! just shows how much attention he was paying to his surroundings! ended up costing me close to £750.

even tho its blatantly obvious what happened to any normal person it means diddly squat to the insurance companies they use no common sense what so ever! and it really gets my back up!

Breaking mk2 DCI
gutted for you mate, if you need any favours gimmie a shout as im only local,

glad your ok tho i came off a few years back with a lorry cutting a tight bend across my path,

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry about the car but there is always a silver lining.....

Btw, what airfilter is that? Viper? Will you remove bits before insurance collect? ;)

03 RS clio 172 flameR
my god, clarkson is right, you should get out your car and hide behind a tree when you see a old biddy, how many flamers are left now, every write off on this site is a flamer!!

Clio 182
Gutted mate, that was one nice flamer used to see you most days in bloxham, i was in an Impreza.
Now you will see me in a 182

Titanium 182
I can't stand people who contest fault when it was 100% their fault just to try and save money.

:mad:

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
no, nobody saw it, but they have cctv at the tip on the gates to stop fly tipping, so am seeing them tomorrow morning

Have you been an seen them yet???... Hopefully, they will have it on CCTV & can back you up... Pretty lucky to not come away with more serious injuries tbh, hows the other woman?, did she have any injuries?.

MK2 Clio 172 with Re
That looks painful...it really bugs me too when people try and shift the blame! i was hit by a drunk driver a few years ago as he failed to realise me slowing down and he tried to blame me saying i was in the way!!! Some people are a joke! Hope you get it all sorted.

Ph1 172
I feel for ya matey. Same sort of thing happen to me a while ago. Some plank drove into me on a junction whilst I was stationary. He lied out of his @rse and I lost my licence! Again, no witnesses! Get as much info and proof as you can.

Hope it all goes well...

Gutted mate, that was one nice flamer used to see you most days in bloxham, i was in an Impreza.
Now you will see me in a 182

ahhhhh i just saw you, i was quite upset when i saw it, everytime i see one i want mine back, your's looks and sounds nice, when did you get it?

Sorry about the car but there is always a silver lining.....

Btw, what airfilter is that? Viper? Will you remove bits before insurance collect? ;)

it was a air flow that went into the air box instead of the one that just sits in the arch, all mods declared on insurance so no need to take off :approve:

Have you been an seen them yet???... Hopefully, they will have it on CCTV & can back you up... Pretty lucky to not come away with more serious injuries tbh, hows the other woman?, did she have any injuries?.

spoken to them and they are looking in to get the footage for me, then see if the entrance is covered, if so they have said they have no problem supplying me the footage for a half an hour block, so heres hoping

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
Shame to see a nice car in that state.

Some arse in a Civic tried to overtake me in a 30 zone (I will never know why as it was busy, we were coming to a set of lights and they were on red), but didn't spot a pedestrian island.

When he realised there was a pedestrian island, he decided to ram me twice instead of braking. Pretty clear cut I thought......................

Got the call from the insurers the next week and he had claimed that he was overtaking me on the dual carriage way (it isn't actually a dual carriage way so the limit is 60) just before the 30, he claimed to be doing 70 and I just moved over from my lane and hit his car.

Ther was a witness though (that this plank in the civic had cut up very badly on the 2 lane road) and the witness' statement supported mine so I got my excess back and the car fixed.

My question is....................

What happens to these people who blatantly lie to the insurance companies (and sometimes the police)? This, in my mind is a serious thing, the person is possibly defrauding the insurance company to take their excess back, get their car fixed for free and maintaing their no claims bonus.

Boils my piss, hope you get it sorted.

My question is....................

What happens to these people who blatantly lie to the insurance companies (and sometimes the police)? This, in my mind is a serious thing, the person is possibly defrauding the insurance company to take their excess back, get their car fixed for free and maintaing their no claims bonus.

Boils my piss, hope you get it sorted.

well the most annoying thing is the fact that her car is probs just a runaround, but my cars my pride and joy, and i work damn hard to have it, so why lie, think she is playing the he's a young driver card

Clio 182
ahhhhh i just saw you, i was quite upset when i saw it, everytime i see one i want mine back, your's looks and sounds nice, when did you get it?

Picked it up Thursday night, i missed my 172 to much so i had to get another one,

Clio 182FF
A lot of Clio's seem to be getting wrecked latley? What's with that as I notice too many of these threads cropping up.

Is it bad luck, the time of year or does the sun bring the retards out?

Sorry for your loss, looked like a fine example!

OLR

Ph1 172 and Red 197
Baa, I hate people that deny fault.

I had a nothing accident where this guy reversed into my driver rear end out of a parking space in Tesco. Cracked light and bumper. A trolley would do more damage but still damage.

He then tried to claim I reversed into him. No eye witness so Insurance was going 50/50 then the dumb guy tried to claim back, shoulder and neck injuries.

Bair in mined a trolley would do more damage.
After a review my insurance then took him to court for fraud. turnd out hes done the same thing in car parks 4 other times.lol

Now that’s what insurance companies should do.

Better than yours. C*nt.
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=437708

Hope all goes well. Looking at the oil patch I'd say she was most definitely on your side of the road when hitting you - only the police will be able to say for definite and that'll be what the insurance company really need to nail her - other than that it'll be down to the insurance companies to argue the toss and if they have to do that they'll cut their losses and go 50/50...

Dynamique Flamer
What a bummer :(

Looked like it was mint before she hit you, got to <3 flamers to

Hope it all gets sorted :)

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=437708

Hope all goes well. Looking at the oil patch I'd say she was most definitely on your side of the road when hitting you - only the police will be able to say for definite and that'll be what the insurance company really need to nail her - other than that it'll be down to the insurance companies to argue the toss and if they have to do that they'll cut their losses and go 50/50...

how did you get that photo by the way dude, random as

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
muppet tbh. although 50mph down that road seems a bit quick - what was the speed limit?

muppet tbh. although 50mph down that road seems a bit quick - what was the speed limit?

i'm a muppet? eh?

the road is a national and it is a long straight, the road is wider than the pics show, 50mph is about normal for that road, until you get further round and there is bends, it was 45/50 i hit her, so not really that quick

03 RS clio 172 flameR
i'm a muppet? eh?

the road is a national and it is a long straight, the road is wider than the pics show, 50mph is about normal for that road, until you get further round and there is bends, it was 45/50 i hit her, so not really that quick

most 172/182 owners would also be doing more than sixty as well, so there is no place to pass judgment

LY 182
i'm a muppet? eh?

Chaps, I think he was talking about her. ;)