ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio III Dynamique 1.2 TCE

Clio 3 1.2 TCE
New to the forum here so thought one of the better ways to introduce myself is to introduce my car aswell!

DSC01759.jpg

This is my Clio III Dynamique 1.2 TCE.

So far I've colour coded my side strips and rear bumper plastics.

DSC01766.jpg

Tinted my windows but am still unsure about them :( opinions? It's 95% :/

DSC01762.jpg

Future plans are :-

Colour code the front bump strip above the lower grill
Alcantara dash inserts, clock surround and the top section of the door cards
Alcantara ABC pillars and potentially the roof (yes I like alcantara)
RS wheel insert
RS grille?
Lower 30-40mm
Bigger wheels, maybe OZ F1s in antracite 17" (too big?)
Mk3 ph2 RS Rear bumper with foggies
Silvervisions
Carbon wrap the diamonds

DSC01776.jpg

Open to suggestions :)

Thanks for viewing! Craig

Clio 3 1.2 TCE
For the side strips I used the cheap aerosol cans from Halfords. 1 can primer, 2 coats, 1 can paint, 2 coats, ran out of lacquer from painting my air vents inside :S

For the rear bump strip I used the more expensive stuff they make up at the back of Halfords and will never use the cheap stuff again! It got recommended to me by a guy at a body shop due to its paint consistency. MUCH better finish. So the side strips are going to be re-done with this once I get paid :D

Mk3 clio 1.5
For the side strips I used the cheap aerosol cans from Halfords. 1 can primer, 2 coats, 1 can paint, 2 coats, ran out of lacquer from painting my air vents inside :S

For the rear bump strip I used the more expensive stuff they make up at the back of Halfords and will never use the cheap stuff again! It got recommended to me by a guy at a body shop due to its paint consistency. MUCH better finish. So the side strips are going to be re-done with this once I get paid :D
haha yeah I can tell on sides, back looks a lot better though. and tbh ANY body shop that recomends halfords paint stay clear of. they clearly have no idea about paint. body shops should use a water based paint for a lot better finish, as halfords only supply with oil based.

Clio 3 1.2 TCE
haha yeah I can tell on sides, back looks a lot better though. and tbh ANY body shop that recomends halfords paint stay clear of. they clearly have no idea about paint. body shops should use a water based paint for a lot better finish, as halfords only supply with oil based.

Ahhh, this I did not know! He wasn't saying that that's what they use, just that if I were to get my paint from Halfords for convenience what not, then to use the dearer stuff due to it's paint consistency or something being higher than the cheap stuff :S

Overall though the finish and application of it was much better.
Where do you get your paints from?