ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio is still dead - how much are valves?

Clio 172
:dead: For those of you who didn't read my previous post, my Clio has done more miles on the tow truck than it has with me driving (had it 40 miles and it pegged it.)

Anyhow, just been told that 16 valves have bent (with a nice little 'ouch' after on the text message.) So, can anyone deepen my joy by telling me what the difference in hard cash would of been if say only 8 had been effected?

I suppose I should look on the brightside because with my current luck I was expecting 18 of the buggers to be bent!

Cheers

It cheaper but depends how bad the damage is.
New/second engine is cheapest and best option even better if you can do the labour yourself. Matts got new crate engine £1.25k.

There only 16 valves so you've broken every one no way you could have bent 18 as there is only 16/

You want a go shopping to France intake and exhaust valves for a full set of 8 each are £80+VAT.

Still not worth it new engine better idea.