ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio just cost me £400 for M.O.T :(

Renault Clio 1.4 Sport
Iv had it 6 months.

They replaced all 4 suspension springs( They where cracked), Replaced a brake disc, replaced both front pads. And replaced the antiroll bar because it was cracked.

Must have all been like this when i bought it :S

Suzuki Ignis
Jeez, nevermind. Whats done is done. Bit gutting if your looking to lower it soon as well.
By 'cracked' what did they mean? Did they show you?

Renault Clio 1.4 Sport
I cant be bothered doing anything, id prefer to pay for somebody else to do it :)

The receipt says something about a brake disc. Apparently one of the hydraulic things in one was jammed.

Renault Clio 1.4 Sport
It was already lowered. I bought it like that. now its a bit higher again!

I didnt take it but they showed my dad, i left him with it because i had work. ill put up what the receipt says in a minute.

Williams 3
hydraulic thing on a brake disc? i'm sure that discs are like £15 each. my vx220 ones were anyway, so i'm guessing that a shopping trolleys ones are cheaper

Renault Clio 1.4 Sport
RBT Front Brake Imbalance 27%
Anti-roll bar linkage fractured.
All 4 coil springs fractured.

Rear springs 45.60 each
Front 49.30 each
wheel alignment 26.95
brake disc 43.90 each
pads 64
stabiliser link 20

Renault Clio 1.4 Sport
By the way this is my first car, iv only been driving for 6 months. Bought the car for £1600 with 54k on it, W reg.

Black 197
Oh dear... KY Much ??

But seriously though cut him some slack i mean we cant all be CS chief technicians can we..

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
Outrageous. Did they say you get replacement pads for the time you have the car? I'd make the most of that!!!

Amarok
Rossy 197 u talk sense...

I must admit i hate when people pay over the odds for things and not shopping about, but everyone goes about things in different ways.

Its like me saying, just build your extension your self and save "x" amount of pounds labour.
That is not their trade, so would not know where to start, hence why they pay for tradesmen to carry out the job correctly.

We cant all be as CS chief technicians

FPOS Productions™ 172 FR
Get down there and question them or get a letter to the them. You got bent over!

very good advice, price up the parts and ask why you where charged so much.... did they put labour on each part too?....christ......

hate to hear about people getting shafted like this, i went in one (once) to get a tyre fitted while on holiday down south....came back saying he could "smell something funny, i think your shocks are leaking"...couldnt help but laugh in his face....... tool.

172 clio ph1
Was done at kwik fit by the way.

omg people actually use Kwik rob???????????? seriously yes that does say it all as people are saying. I had a blow out on the zs late one saturday night, was at a car show next day so had to get a tyre and being bank holiday weekend I couldn't use my normal tyre place. Only place that stocked anything I could use was kwikfit. I paid £140 for a non branded tyre.

I know I have said it before but I seriously unless you know the garage well would only ever use independant test centres for mots. Plenty around and they have no interest in failing your car on stuff unless it should actually fail. It also then gives you the chance to ring around a few garages and get the car fixed at often reduced prices to what the garage attached to the mot station will do.

and £400 for all that sounds an awful lot. :( At least your clio is back on the road.However, first car, first mot and lesson well and truely learned I am guessing.

Last edited:
  Ph1
Why dont you use your noodle, get a quote for the work thats been done from another couple of garages, main dealer ideally.

If theres a clear difference then write to Kwik Fits head office and make a complaint.

Did you not think to get a price quote for the work before hand?