ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my clio rs dream is over.... its dead

MODDED 172
sorry to hear about your car dude. say to the insurance that your black alloy split in half so you had to throw it, so you had to put the silver one on to keep the car level. that way you will have all your mint black wheels plus a mint black spare wheel to.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Only just seen this.

Stupid f***ing bint. Driving without due care and attention or careless driving at a minimum in my opinion.

Someone coming the other way and she need to react? There was a traffic island between her and the oncoming traffic to protect her.

She was fiddling with the stereo, glancing blow off the Micra then BANG into your pride and joy. So glad the insurers are seeming to do the right thing.

I would say that you're lucky that the Micra was in the way though, as without it, the claim could go 50/50 as you'd parked illegally which she could have argued was a contributing factor.

Black Gold Trophy
f*ck sake! this happening way too often to members on here! Such a nice car, really hope it gets fixed, if they try and write it off, DON'T STAND FOR IT!

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
If the other insurance company is paying/sorting it they will restore it to exactly how you had it.

ie, with all your mods etc....

items should be replaced on a like for like basis, so even if they had damaged your wheels etc they should go to exactly how you had it or the closest alternative.

The company repairing it may request what mods you had on it so they can track down new parts for it :)

yes thats what the girls insurance said (directline) they said if they cannot track the mods i had on the car, they will give me money to go and buy them myself

White R26/Stripped Valver
Gutted for you mate, I know how much effort you put into that car.

Are you around today? ill be in the enfield area so I can pass by yours and take a look.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
yes thats what the girls insurance said (directline) they said if they cannot track the mods i had on the car, they will give me money to go and buy them myself

Tell them your throttle bodies are damaged as a result of the crash

182 RB FF
Hey Man just seen this (I saw the seats for sale)

Gutted for you mate, was looking forward to seeing all the mods too...

1.4 Dynamique
This sucks, looks like you could be out of a clio for a while. Hope it all gets sorted asap, looks like a mint car!

audi a6 3.0tdi
Mate if its a write off buy it back. I bought mine back for £560 and then sold everything off it and made a nice tidy proffit as well as the payout. I ended up being able to buy another ph1 and now i have spare engine, gearbox and all running gear.

the greenflag person is trying to take the car away. it has to be lifted. He reckons its a write off. I will be pursuing to buy it back if it is a write off.

Unfortunately the bodyshop said that if it is repairable, it wont be until some time in mid Jan 09. That sucks :(

I am getting a courtesy car later today.

the greenflag person is trying to take the car away. it has to be lifted. He reckons its a write off. I will be pursuing to buy it back if it is a write off.

Unfortunately the bodyshop said that if it is repairable, it wont be until some time in mid Jan 09. That sucks :(

I am getting a courtesy car later today.
it would be worth it in the end...:) getting another ph1 just wouldnt feel the same

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
i'm with flux/highway, all mods are declared, but i have a feeling they would only replace standard parts.. :( ill ring them in a bit

Dunno if it' sbeen said, but do not get your insurance compny to do the repairs!

It's her fault, she's admitted it, so her company do everything. Just tell your's it's happened and tell them to leave off until you need them (if you need them).

And as her ins co will be doing it all you shoul dbe able ot push for everything replaced like for like. When I had my old 19 done in by a stupid woman I got money for things like cds that were scratched because of the accident and even the stereo which the guys at the salvage yeard knicked!

LY R26
thts a shame to see mate.
hope it gets sorted out soon.

for some reason i hav this picture that the chick was uber hot? please clarify

Dunno if it' sbeen said, but do not get your insurance compny to do the repairs!

It's her fault, she's admitted it, so her company do everything. Just tell your's it's happened and tell them to leave off until you need them (if you need them).

And as her ins co will be doing it all you shoul dbe able ot push for everything replaced like for like. When I had my old 19 done in by a stupid woman I got money for things like cds that were scratched because of the accident and even the stereo which the guys at the salvage yeard knicked!

Yeah, her directline insurance are taking care of everything. They said they will replace parts/mods like for like. If they cannot source the FK konig coilovers for example, they will offer to pay me money to source another set myself ;)

My Flux/Highway insurance contacted directline today. And directline confirmed that they will take care of everything.

the dude from greenflag that transported the car back to the bodyshop place said that the steering is complety fucked and that he reckons the inspectors will say its a write off.

Shame really, the ph1 only did 42k miles..... :(

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Bad news it that it will effect your policy for the next 5 years. Such a PITA.

Unlucky...

Found this out when mine got reversed into... so w**k.. they punish you for something thats not even your fault :dapprove:.. wonder if my insurance will go up come renewel in march

ValverInBits
^ but is a golf going to be fun to drive? ^ Im not so sure.

Was she the type? "yah yah yah, daddy bought me this adorable mini yah and it's just soooo amazing....watch this"

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
chap, if you are seriously thinking about a mark 4 golf speak to Ads_172 on here, he sold his phase 1 for a golf, then sold that for a cup again...

he will be able to give you both opinions,

okay updates. My sister's nissian micra has been written off. The repair costs are more than the value of the car. The micra did have stupid amounts of high mileage. They gave her the option to buy it back for £50, but she would have to repair the car in order for the car to be driven. She has decided to buy a new car now.

awaits news on my ph1 ;(