ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio Wants To Cut Out......

Hello all
All day today, when I come to a stop at a junction and then set off again my car wants to cut out when Im setting off and the STOP sign come on.
If I take my foot off the acceleration it wont cut, then I can set off.

Anyone had this? Its doing my head in! I look like some 15 yr old that cant drive when jumping from junctions!

apnin 2 me quite a lot mate its like flicking on and off... sorta like a loose connection been doing it for a month or so just a loose wire i think/hope! Im not even raggin it neither could be doing say 40mph in 4th!

Is that the only running problem?

Best get it back to Renault thee 1.2 engine has a list of possible problem but new plugs (underwarently) or an ECU reload should fix it.

Yep there is a Technical Solution that may very well fix that problem.. Reprogramming the Injection Computer..

Of the top of my head it is TI1592.. But i might be wrong.. I can confirm that tommorrow evening..

Black 172

it had new set of plugs , it did have a problem with the immobiliser on it but that was soon sorted

what other problems are 1.2s supposed to have ?

Thanks guys, yup, thats the only problem I have with it, but saying that it has cut out on me once before while doing about 40mph!
Better get it to Renault then.
Just hate them nobs down there, you wait around for hrs then they just try and fob you off, like they dont wanna do any work becoz its free! (warranty)

i had exactly the same problem mate. renault put in a new set of plugs but didnt cure it and then it went again. they put a throttle position sensor on it now its running like a dream!!

Thanks alot dudes, going to go after work tomorrow then and see what they say. Dont have time to take my car in except for weekends so well see.
Thanks for you replys all.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

so it only tries to stall when setting off not when pulling up?

does it idle ok?

any running problems once your moving?

any warning lights on?

weird that it cuts out as your setting off,seems more than just a software issue that. maybe a throttle body or map sensor fault.

Yeah, just seems to be when Im setting off frmo a stand still, idleing seems to be OK, but as I say, it has cut out while in motion before.

Ive booking it in for Monday anyway, so Ill keep you all updated on what they say.

Cheers

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

mine used to have idle probs wen i was reversing due to the induction kit not having any air for the engine! but thats all sortd now

do u have a filter thats right infront of a hot engine?

get them to check the manufacturing code on the plugs, check for silicon in the injection computer terminals and reprogram the injection comp.takes about an hour in all.

you all sorted?

if not, speak to fred on PM (hes away at the moment but is checking in from time to time)

/y0z

Booked in for Monday mate.
You think its an idea to put the standard filter back on for when I take it in??
Just so they cant try and blame it on the filter?
That way they can refuse to repair it if they reckon the mod did the damage!

2004 1.2 Dynamique

yep happened to me, was the spark plugs on mine, 1 of them werent pushed down fully !! try that

Quote: Originally posted by GeeUK on 09 August 2004

Booked in for Monday mate.
You think its an idea to put the standard filter back on for when I take it in??
Just so they cant try and blame it on the filter?
That way they can refuse to repair it if they reckon the mod did the damage!
Dudes, you think I should remove the filter then? And if I do, how do you recommend I clean my PiperX ??
On another note, my Clio is going for its first MOT on Friday..heres hoping it sails through....

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

there is no end of technical notes on the 1.2 engine (they need there own folder theres that many) so there is probably one for your fault. i would remove your ik in case they try to blame that.

Lads, its not the STOP sign lighting up, its the other that looks just the same but does not say STOP in it.
In the handse book it states this:

Warning light for monitoring exhaust gas

Had my K-TEC zorst fitted the other month, think it could have something to do with this or my filter?

If so, my zorst isnt under warranty eh!

mate, its not the serv light, its on the right handset side on the speedometer.
You cant see it unless it lights up.
Mate in the manual its says

Warning light for monitoring exhaust gas

Well, Ive took my Clio down to Dixon Renault and left the filter on.
They would probably on blame the zorst anyway, amybe even the springs! lol!

Anyway, the lady at the counter asked me if it cuts out when I slow down, sounds like they probably know whats up with it.
They could have it all day today, so Ill let you all know what happends.

Tarra for now!