ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio

clio sport replica
Hi all, im pretty new here, seen some stunning picture of your clios, thought i would share mine....
Unfortunately as im only 18 and currently on my mums insurance, i cant get insured on a 2litre sport, which i was pretty gutted about...
This is my second clio, with only 35k on the clock, 2004, its a baby 1.2 16v would you have guessed? its a sport replica.
On question i wanted to ask, is if it would be possible to get the seperated twin exhausts, and where i could get one from?

Here is a couple of pictures of my clio...
newcark.jpg

img0085ww.jpg

This exhaust system is what i would like to get for it >>>>>

i12103.jpg

Thanks, Myles :)

K-Tec do a 'fake' twin exit exhaust because your car will have a spare wheel in the way.

It's not really a replica because you've colour coded a few bits though. It looks good.

Just get it lowered a bit and stop with the illegal insurance and you'll be on your way.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
its nice. but its no sport rep.

the exhaust would require a sport bumper and k-tec do an exhaust that would fit.

the plastic bump strips have just been colour coded, but looks very tidy.

get yourself an RS grille, and loose the chrome border from the number plate. would make a good start.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
his insurance may not be illegal.

mine is in my dads name as he owns the car when he lost use of his works vehicle for personal use. but im the main driver.

he uses it occasionally and he put money towards the price of the car so he could use it for personal, just so happened i was looking for a car at the same time.

his insurance may not be illegal.

mine is in my dads name as he owns the car when he lost use of his works vehicle for personal use. but im the main driver.

he uses it occasionally and he put money towards the price of the car so he could use it for personal, just so happened i was looking for a car at the same time.

Congratulations on proving my point.

Yours is illegal too.

The main driver should be the policy holder.

The risk is calculated based on your dad being the one who drives it most. Not you.

It's not rocket science.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Fronting is stupid. Quite how stupid a person would have to be to come online and announce it, I aren't sure.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
wrong. otherwise they wouldnt let you do it obviously!!!

i use it more than him. it would be illegal if he was the main driver. the legality is that the policy holder has to be the owner.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
you can have a different main driver to the policy holder.

it is something you can put down when you take the policy out.

my dad lost use of his works van for personal use. so he wanted a car. i also wanted a car and it didnt make sense both of us getting 1 each as he was barely going to use it and couldnt afford it.

we bought the car. its his car, its in his name, he is the registered keeper.

therefore he HAS to be the policy holder.

i drive the car to and from work. and most of the time at night. if he needs the car then he can use it whenever (mainly in the evenings during summer for golf or mornings on sat/sun for golf)

therefore i use the car more than he does even though it is his car.

this makes me the MAIN DRIVER.

as he owns the car and not me he has to be the POLICY HOLDER.

if i was to put it down as him being the main driver when i drive the car more it would make my insurance less and also void.

i have tested this as when i was originally getting quotes we checked it the other way round (me registered keeper/policy holder and him as a second named driver) the amounts were the exact same.

as he bought the car when i wasnt there, he signed it over into his name.

we asked the insurance company and they agreed this was perfectly legal.

clio sport replica
Thanks for all the info everyone.

Yeah i understand i need to put it on my own insurace, in which i will after i come back from holiday on the 22nd.

when i bought the car, they told me it was a sport replica, in which i believed as everyone asks.

I think i might just wait and get a proper sport instead of making mine look more like one.

Myles

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
that looks like a reliable website.

try doing a quote on any insurers website with 2 drivers. you can change the main driver dependant on who is going to drive it more.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Thanks for all the info everyone.

Yeah i understand i need to put it on my own insurace, in which i will after i come back from holiday on the 22nd.

when i bought the car, they told me it was a sport replica, in which i believed as everyone asks.

I think i might just wait and get a proper sport instead of making mine look more like one.

Myles

That's a sensible choice. You could spend hundreds (which you'll never get back) on bumpers etc, or put it towards a sport and get into one sooner.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Oh my's.

It's more worrying that Rhys still thinks it's okay.

It's not, it's illegal and now the internet knows about it. Congratulations.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Oh my's.

It's more worrying that Rhys still thinks it's okay.

It's not, it's illegal and now the internet knows about it. Congratulations.
Gally, please remind the 'special brigade' what industry you work in?

clio sport replica
ooops, sorry, didnt mean to cause a huge debate :/

i heard you were allowed to be under a parents name for a certain amount of time?
and then after the time is up, your suppose to find your own insurance?

ohwel, best be on the safe side and find my own.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Gally, please remind the 'special brigade' what industry you work in?
Erm the Insurance/Repair industry actually, I've only reported one person to my colleagues, around a year ago only because he was being a tool usually I wouldn't bother.

Probably more reliable than your insurance
Well played!

If it's your Mums car. That she uses to go shopping, to go and see Aunty Doris and go to her WI meetings. But you use it on a Friday night to go and see BillyBob, then that's perfectly fine.

But if you're using the car all the time, the policy should be in your name.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
A lot of new drivers don't realise they are clamping down a lot on this these days. More than years ago that's for sure.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I have had an accident myself in the car and my insurance company paid out (when i wrote the corsa off that i previously drove).

there was no fuss over the policy holder and main driver as the policy holder doesnt have to be the main driver.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I have had an accident myself in the car and my insurance company paid out (when i wrote the corsa off that i previously drove).

there was no fuss over the policy holder and main driver as the policy holder doesnt have to be the main driver.

None of that surprises me. None.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Im sorry for hijacking the thread, but if someone who works in the industry and not just a bunch of know it alls would like to PM me to thoroughly explain this instead of trying to make them selves look big and clever then do feel free. I am going off what my insurance company have told me. If they are incorrect then I hold my hands up. But until then I still believe this to be correct.

clio sport replica
Thanks for all the nice comments everyone, hmm would you have believed i payed 1700 for it?

Cheers SteBurns, i think im going to take your advice.

ohh Plummer, you lucky sod! ;p

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for all the nice comments everyone, hmm would you have believed i payed 1700 for it?

Cheers SteBurns, i think im going to take your advice.

ohh Plummer, you lucky sod! ;p

thats a steal. did you HPI check it? mine is accident repaired and mine was 2.5k 05 plate 21k miles.

RB 182 Gordini
OMG!!!!

I don't think i have ever laughed so much reading comments lol The car looks nice but reading about all the insurance is the killer, i'd investigate as if you are caught and it is illegal then you will be waiting a hell of alot longer for your actual sport!

clio sport replica
yeah HPI cleared, all fine, was bought for someones son to drive after he had past his test, but he couldnt be bothered to take lessons....