ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my clio

mk2 clio
i have a mk2 clio 1.2 1999 8v
i want to make my car a bit quicker, anyone have any suggestions about the best way to get more power?
cheers
​henry.

ibiza fr tdi hybrid
As dan said ^^^ i was like this with my first car it was a 2000 reg seat ibiza 1.4 cool i wasted money on exhaust system air filter ect hoping it would be faster but failed all it did was made my car louder lol save up and by a renaultsport ;) dont waste money on stuff that wont make your car faster because it wont just spend money on some styling wheels trim lights ect :) but its your car so upto you

Rusty Cup
I've got a mate who got great gains from running his car on a mixture of unicorn tears and badger semen!! But be warned you'll blow the welds on the intake if you get the ratio wrong.

Keep it clean, I wouldn't waste money on mods. Save the money and you'll be able to get something quicker in a year or so!

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Fluffy dice and go faster stripes. . Cheaper than other mods and probably just as effective. .

ALY

Focus RS & Clio 172
You can't get power out of that car.

Stripping it out will make it lighter which has a similar effect though & a decent suspension kit will let you corner faster thus carry speed once its wound up & decent brakes will mean stopping can happen later than before. This will make the car faster from A to B than before with no change whatsoever to the power.

I'd still hack about in it the way it is and funnel any money that may have been available to spend on it in to an insurance pot so a year down the line you can actually run a bigger powered car.