ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My complaint letter to Renault

Mini Cooper S sport
TBH I think you'd have saved yourself a major ballache if you'd just called them first before driving over there on a Sunday.

It's always best to double check; I once turned up at Seward in Fareham at 12.32 on a Saturday to find their parts department closed at 12.30. D'OH.

I should have gone all Michael Douglas on their ass.

BMW 323i Coupe
Yeah, the first time was my mistake because I wanted the car fixed desperately.

But the second time.. They told me to come back.

BMW 323i Coupe
Dear Mr Gould

Thank you for your letter dated 15 September 2008 regarding the potential cost of diagnosis and levels of service you have received from our dealer network.

I am disappointed to hear of the problems that you have experienced when your Renault Clio was booked into our dealer network for investigations. I do appreciate the disappointment and the inconvenience caused regarding these matters and can clearly see the upset that has been caused to you. We are always looking at where we can improve on the levels of service we offer our customers. Your feedback can only continue to help us monitor the quality of the after sales care that we offer our customers.

At Renault UK, customer satisfaction is of paramount importance and it is always disappointing to hear of a customer receiving a negative experience. As a responsible manufacturer, Renault UK and Renault France invest significant resource in the manufacture and quality control area of our business including the provision menu pricing of specific work which may need to be undertaken on customers vehicles outside of the warranty period.

Renault UK in conjunction with our colleagues at Renault SA strive to ensure all our vehicles are designed to provide the least amount of inconvenience to our customers, although we accept there will be from time to time occurrences where we are unable to influence outside conditions, that may cause your vehicle to require replacement parts fitted sooner than we would have generally anticipated. When such failures occur, our dealer networks are happy to quote for work to be undertaken on customers vehicles. The prices that were quoted, we believe are to be fair and competitive for the type of diagnosis work that is required for an authorises Renault dealer.

Renault UK will offer guidance to our network relating to pricing strategies, however, whilst we invest considerable amounts of money on our dealer network, they are ultimately responsible for their own actions as franchise businesses, our networks of dealers are individual businesses responsible for their own operations, service levels, finances and business decisions. It is though disappointing to read that you were able to arrange for an alternative quote at a vastly reduced cost outside of our network.
It is extremely regrettable that this matter has led to such a loss of confidence in Renault UK. We appreciate that you are a loyal customer and are committed to providing the highest level of customer service. Your feedback can only help us improve upon areas in which we are currently letting our customers down.

If you have any further questions regarding this or any other matter, please contact me on free phone customer service number 0800 072 33 72.

Yours sincerely

David Mullins, Customer Relations Manager

Pretty standard to be honest, and I wasn't expecting much else.

I found it quite funny though that you think £82 is a fair price and competitive. IMO you couldn't compete with £35.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
LOL Dave replyed to you, he is a top bloke i know him Personally Ill feed back your comments for you ;)

Pretty fair reply TBH I work for another Motor company now I have left RUK and our diag costs are alot more than £80

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
I don't get it. Sorry to piss on your bonfire-but not sure i'm seeing the point of this?

Audi S1
I didnt expect nothing else... gave you the talk of he apoliges blablala all crap and a waste of time... i hate renault never will go there NEVERRRRRRRR