ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My DCI80

ph2 172
yeah, have to agree with you there Nick. Unlike some cars we've heard starting up in the mornings. Almost rattling the windows out the house. :)

soo jealous man! im definatly having a nose about at CSS if your there! how much was the re-map (if you dont mind me asking) thinking of going to the derv doctor for one along with a dump valve :p also what sort of filter you running? just a standard k&n cone? nice work though :D

172cup
soo jealous man! im definatly having a nose about at CSS if your there! how much was the re-map (if you dont mind me asking) thinking of going to the derv doctor for one along with a dump valve :p also what sort of filter you running? just a standard k&n cone? nice work though :D

Cheers buddy! It was £350 inc vat was fully custom map on the dyno. And its just a K&N performance panel filter.
Found http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/K-N-HIGH-...CarParts_SM&hash=item48316fb9cd#ht_1560wt_905

172cup
hmm derv doc is slightly cheaper i believe? whats the driving difference like? and fuel consumption :p also what gear knob is that! me likey!! :O

They possibly are. Everywhere else i rang they were cheaper but this is local so i paid the extra for convenience, RS tuning i think wanted £300 ish. Driving wise it feels alot better the power is just there the whole way through the revs in all gears, it just pulls and pulls i wish they made dCi's with a 6th gear :L.
Mpg is still the same on a normal drive im still getting decent mpg 59+, but giving it some beans im getting around 45+
The gear knob is fantastic, the changes feel much better and the position feel awesome as its a inch or so taller than standard.

Fair enough! :) I really wanna get mine done now! Just gotta wait for my insurance renewal! But it's gonna happen! Where did you get your gear knob from, might get one! :p but they defo need a 6th for definite!

172cup
Fair enough! :) I really wanna get mine done now! Just gotta wait for my insurance renewal! But it's gonna happen! Where did you get your gear knob from, might get one! :p but they defo need a 6th for definite!

Bought it from a guy on here, it was a custom made one apparently. There's a few similar online but most will need the bottom machining out to allow lift reverse.

Clio Dci65
saw your car at trax and i love it, even better in person, thinking about changing my gear knob to something better might have a look on ebay then get it machined.
you have inspired me to get a remap now, hopefully turn my dci 65 into a dci 90 lol
just got myself a intercooler and k&n filter on the way before i do a map, keep up the good work :race:

172cup
saw your car at trax and i love it, even better in person, thinking about changing my gear knob to something better might have a look on ebay then get it machined.
you have inspired me to get a remap now, hopefully turn my dci 65 into a dci 90 lol
just got myself a intercooler and k&n filter on the way before i do a map, keep up the good work :race:

Cheers buddy!
Got a few ideas for big power next year, if anyone has any experience with Megane engines let me know, It wont be your typical megane engine either. Need info on gearbox/engine mounting and drive shafts ;)

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
dont you bother steeling my idea Nick!.

hmmm renaultsport meggy dci 175 engine with 6speed box is next to go in my bay :p , i have all the spec on drive shafts and other parts aswell ;)

dont go for a normal 1.9 dci engine from a megane, built like s**te. if you can, get a laguna sport 2.0dci/dti engine, 150-160hp as standard, remapped your looking 200bhp on the limmits. and i a clio shell, its gona be a f**kING RIOT

172cup
dont you bother steeling my idea Nick!.

hmmm renaultsport meggy dci 175 engine with 6speed box is next to go in my bay :p , i have all the spec on drive shafts and other parts aswell ;)

dont go for a normal 1.9 dci engine from a megane, built like s**te. if you can, get a laguna sport 2.0dci/dti engine, 150-160hp as standard, remapped your looking 200bhp on the limmits. and i a clio shell, its gona be a f**kING RIOT

FUUUU!!! exactly what i was looking at doing!! 175meg mapped and 6 speed, FM intercooler, full system, decat, and maybe a few other tweeks. Want more than 200bhp ;) I've heard paul at RStuning get 100lbft from a map on a 175!!
Give us a message with some specs if you fancy ;) haha

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Will do when I dig the spec files out !

Im aiming for 240bhp from that engine with some expensive mods.
They respond very well to remaps. Mounts of torque from them. Will defo shift a clio shell like it's a crisp packet sitting on it.

Only thing I cannot figure out is how to match the meggy ecu loom to the clio loom, so the dash dials still work.....

172cup
No real updates, Bought a whiteline rear anti roll bar got that fitted and its an epic piece of kit! Holds in every corner so well. Really recommend getting one!

Other than that i've just ben driving it and loving it.
Looking at decatting and egr blank'ing soon, see if that will free up a few more horses. Will get it on the dyno after see if there is any difference.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
decatting and egr blanking makes a big difference. mines proper nice to drive now. no egr lag and a nice diesel gurgle lol :D

Clio Sport 182
Cars looking superb bud, makes me want an 80 with that consumption! My 182 gets around 40-45mpg on a long haul. What spacers have you got? Looks great.

172cup
decatting and egr blanking makes a big difference. mines proper nice to drive now. no egr lag and a nice diesel gurgle lol :D
Need to give you a pm regarding both ;)

Cars looking superb bud, makes me want an 80 with that consumption! My 182 gets around 40-45mpg on a long haul. What spacers have you got? Looks great.
Cheers mate! Cant go wrong i was still getting 48 round cadwell ;) Its only got 5mm spacers on the front to clear the tyre and coilover. These f1s seem to have an awesome offset, not sure what it is tho.

172cup
Treated my self to some silver f1s as they were cheap enough.

270403_10152222891230691_1721677136_n.jpg

I'm not 100% sure atm

TT QS
that looks spot on!
need to keep an eye out for some cheap f1s. reallyyyyyyyyyyyyy want some for next year

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Silver always looks smart, everyone begged me to go dark on the LY's turinis, glad I didn't :) Looks good chap.

172cup
Haven't updated this in a while, mainly because i lost my job and have no money.
Did manage to clean it after 2months of dirt and grime.

DSC_5136.jpg

Front end looks quite low there...

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS
Still looks well bud, shame to hear about you losing your job.

Suites the F1's in silver so much better.