ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My dirty little secret...

Right, well it looks like the immobiliser is still working but is working fine. as the RED led, is working as it should and doing all the stuff it would normally if the immobiliser was dis arming etc.

clioproj/skylinegtst/merc
did u say u were tryin to keep the imobiliser ring the wire is pin 68 and is 0.5 gauge brown wire if its manual throttle sound like u goin hard route with wiring though but ur nearly there good look

Nah i didnt want to keep it, but got it decoded, then found i would need a emulator, so wiried in the uch and decoder etc, then found that the decode did work, but the ecu is goosed somewhere.

FFS.

So, standalone managment it is. but its going to be a while before the car is ready. as im doing ALOT more to it now.

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Glad you got to the bottom of the problem you had me worried mine was gonna give me the run around. You say your now doing lots more to the car sounds like your project is getting as out of hand as mine lol. Never really end builds like this do they:dapprove:

just battle on and speak to ur bank manager lol the bloke who done my ecu was realy helpful and not that exspensive chris at total tuning 07722288844 what ecu r u runnin on it

Im going to be running a Lumenition C460, i finished the loom on the ecu side earluier, just need to go and install it tomorrow, and then order the leads to try and map the damned thing.

what ur comms lead ah well shame about the standard ecu least ul see some more power out off it now should make it worth while

Well long time since updating this, ive sourced a new loom and ecu :) thanks joshydee!! just awaiting for him to pull it out for me, so it will be running 172 managment afterall!!

weyhey!!

COLTCZT,Clio 440T project
im impressed bud, sounds like alot of ball ache tho.
glad u got 2 the bottom of it like :)
so when u say ur doin alot more 2 it, what else u got planned?

Bodies, cams, will be looking at about 230bhp. and its still ging to be less weight im hoping to get it to 780kg, and 230bhp :D

Power at Flywheel (BHP) : 230
Weight without Driver (KG) : 780
Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 299.61
0 - 60 (Secs) : 4.58
0 - 100 (Secs) : 10.996
0 - 100 (Secs) : 6.42
Quarter Mile (Secs) : 12.95
Terminal Speed (MPH) : 108.50
Drag Strip Quarter Mile (Secs) : 12.75
Drag Strip Terminal Speed (MPH) : 110.54

mk1 Hybrid - 13.7@100 mph
good luck getting 780kg.. mine is strippd to f**k and its 850ish lowest i think i can et it is about 820 and thats with polycarbs, and lightermanifold as well as everything else ( lighter battery, bonnet, no sunfroof, etc) to get it under that i think ull need fibreglass doors and tailgate if u not runnign a cage u cant rly cut it about to save weight. mission!! lookign good tho.

Im cutting out internal panels, plus the 172 lump is a damned sight lighter than the f7p so its alot better like that, im not running pas, my buckets weight 4.5kg each, no aux tank, no spare, no slam panel, i'll be getting a fibre glass bonnet, and poly carbs are on they're way.

well guess i best update this...

new loom is in, pmurray is hopefully getting the ecu sent out to me today, need to go and finish certain parts, like get the reversing lights wired up and wire in a new relay for the fan...

Shes cranking again, fuel pump priming, fan wired up on a switch, reverse lights wired up, i think ive found the rev counter and the coolant temp sensor...

well heres some low quality teaser pics.
SP_A0124.gif

the mess of wires!
SP_A0123.gif

and just the engine bay:
SP_A0125.gif