ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My dirty little secret...

HBT 172 Cup
Do it mate! well worth doing! what happened to the F7R?

2.0 F7P ;)

Its munched 2 headgaskets in 4000 miles, although it was replaced properly. So cooling/mapping/flatness (of BE) is at issue.

But i cant be arsed to mess with it and want to but an F4R in!

Oh so it was a bored out jobbie..

I'll tell you now its not a straight forward swap, and for the exhaust do what someone else did on here and go and get it made by powerflow...

little bits dont work here and there i.e the oil level and temp guages, ive tried wiring those up but had no joy. ive got the pressure one working though. the temp and rev counter dont work either, so if your prepared to have stuff like that go for it lol

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Was that you that txt on Sunday mate? I wasnt about. Were you? I'm gutted...didnt even think! haha!

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v

I'll tell you now its not a straight forward swap, and for the exhaust do what someone else did on here and go and get it made by powerflow...

little bits dont work here and there i.e the oil level and temp guages, ive tried wiring those up but had no joy. ive got the pressure one working though. the temp and rev counter dont work either, so if your prepared to have stuff like that go for it lol

That was me went to powerflow but it was far from cheap as the car couldn't be driven there. Before we stripped it back out again we did have oil level and temp working but no pressure as our egine had no sesor, did you fit an aftermarket one? As you know our temparature guage does work but the wirings been trimmed back so much now I can't tell you which wire we used:( :( :( Sorry

Good to see yours up and driving, The vid made the hairs on my neck stand up:evil:

HBT 172 Cup

I dont care about little things like that, they can be dealt with in other ways.

Im just waiting to hear from a few people that might do the conversion for me.

I would have come to the Airfield day and witnessed the car but i cant come now because my engine is dead. Make some more vid's pretty please :D

'92 172, Lotus Elise
dan, are you using the temp/level sender from the F7P?

also, looks like beaniemoo has his rev counter working as well as alternator

yep using the temp and level sesor from the valver.

beanies rev coun ter under-reads like i said. and for the at light its only 1 wire i need to run, just need to find where it goes on the valver side.

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
went for a passenger ride this sat just gone and i can say its defo
as fast if not faster than my 172turbo!
prob because of gear ratio weight etc lol
all i know is its rapid!
mybe some traction would help!more so

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
dan, are you using the temp/level sender from the F7P?

also, looks like beaniemoo has his rev counter working as well as alternator

The rev counter isn't a wiring thing really, the problem is the 1.8 engine runs one coil that sparks 4 times per revolution, where as the 172 engine runs 2 coils which only spark twice each every revolution so when you use the signal wire you're rev counter will read half. I've found a rev counter on demon tweeks thats programmable to run on a 2 cylinder or twin coil but we have bigger fish to fry in our project before we need to get the rev counter working. Some kind of signal amp would be brilliant but I don't think such a product exsists.
As for the alternator light, thats just an ignition feed that you need to run to the alternator.

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
fuel tank was sent out friday dan so should be here wed!
you up for starting her up sat/sun?
vid?

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
dan help me out here

im talking to paul at rstuning about getting ecu decoded

did you have trouble with yours because your loom had the UCH connector? was that why you needed an emulator on the ecu?

thing is the loom and ecu ive got doesnt have UCH connector so i wonder if i could just get away with a decode?

ive pm'd beaniemoo aswell asking if he had to have an emulator fitted as his loom didnt have UCH iirc

Well little update, the 1.2 gearbox just died on me... 4000miles on a 180/190bhp engine isnt bad atall IMO! so this week when im home from work,(friday) will be the day of change...

Well heres the box...

The remainders are across the front of some CL merc lol.

SP_A0028-1.gif

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
is that work gloves i see dan?
you got her out today then lol.
hope you never used the grinder lol

ish, steel works at the mo building the new broadmead shopping centre in bristol. tho ive been signed off by the dr for a week as the grinding dust has affected my air ways making me cough up blood :( only been there a week ffs!

No jobs round here on the spanners oddly. mind you everywhere has gone dead!