ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My DIY project...help would be nice

Today, I made a decision. I have a slow car with boring interior, and I decided to do something with it, to make this long cold rainy days a little bit more interesting.

I want to do digital speedometer and if possible, rev counter.

I gotta go to work now, but when I come home Ill go digging around the net. Every little advice, tip, or link is appriciated.

Let the games begin :)

Sounds like a tricky one ! I think ull need a company to make you up a bespoke (custom) one ! Only way i can see it happenin ! BIG BUX !! MUCHO WONGA !! LOADSA DOSH !!

That bloke at Carisma replaced all the dials in that TVR with digital ones - it can be done to any car I assume but itll probably cost ya! Plus, I personally dont like digital as you actually have to look and register the numbers in your brain, rather than just glance at roughly where the needle is to get an idea! IMO of course. :cool:

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

+ a digital speedo will need a digital pickup from your gearbox,

Couldnt you use the OBD-2 interface connection from the cars computer? That has speedo info doesnt it?

A long time ago on http://www.hondacrx.co.ukwww.hondacrx.co.uk forum there was a guy that worked out how to get such info from the ecu of his crx and made some very professional looking digi dials!

Havent got time to search for the thread on there but if you do a search it should find it - was over 10 pages long!! lol