ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Dynamique

valver & 2002 mk2
Hey peeplies,

Couple of quick pics of my new run about. I'm gonna be tidying it up a bit and making a few changes. After the weathers out the way i'm gonna refurb the wheels and anthracite them, RS grille and perhaps lower it a bit more. Also might put standard windscreen wipers back on if i can be bothered - I'm not sure im 'l33t' enough for a single wiper conversion.

Any other thoughts and suggestions?

Other than a good wash! lol

photo0542h.jpg

photo0541.jpg

46041483.jpg

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Don't think the single wiper really suits it tbh but other than that, it's looking pretty good. A 172 rear bumper would suit it well.

Is the exhaust supposed to be like that though? :S

valver & 2002 mk2
Removeal of the fli sticker needed

Does anyone even know what the hell 'FLI' means? Dunno if it was someone's initials or something. It appears to be a chopped up FCUK sticker. That's going, as is the ELF sticker probably.

Don't think the single wiper really suits it tbh but other than that, it's looking pretty good. A 172 rear bumper would suit it well.

Is the exhaust supposed to be like that though? :S

Yea the single wiper is a pain in the arse, it's so noisy! I wanted one 8 years ago so yea they're a bit oldskool, not in a good way lol. I'd like to look at bumpers n what not come the new year, but i also plan on buying another valver as a restoration/euro project so not sure what money i'll be spending after basic repairs, the above mods and maintenance.

As for the exhaust, i haven't even had a chance to look under the car to see what's what. It's blowing at the front end somewhere and the price of a a new cat is scaring the s**t out of me so praying it's fixable without a replacement. The backbox is new supposedly and has quite a rasp from it so either it's not for the car, or it's badly fitted. I don't know much about any clios after 1996 if i'm honest.

Lots of clunking, knocking, blowing and lighting pyrotechnics so far and i've only driven it about 100 miles! Not hugely impressed so far...

Fli is a car audio brand

If thats the standard backbox it should be hidden from view so shouldn't look like that

Also where is your boot lock & diamond?

Last edited:
  valver & 2002 mk2
Fli is a car audio brand

If thats the standard backbox it should be hidden from view so shouldn't look like that

Also where is your boot lock & diamond?

Christ on a bike! I dunno how i never knew that given a previous profession!.. Although, in my defense, i just checked and they only launched as a company a few months - maybe a year before i jacked it all in so wouldn't have been very well known.

Anyhoo, the bootlock and diamond are all black. Sounds about right with the exhaust, just another thing to add to the list that makes me need a holiday... I'll have a look when i get it onto a ramp, I think this car may have belonged to someone with a minus IQ score judging by some other beauties i've unveiled. Oh well, i'm aswell fixing it up for the price i got it for, better the devil you know n all that! It's got 56k on the clock and it's an 02 plate so not too shabby mileage and it came with a few percs including the wheels and a Clifford etc

valver & 2002 mk2
Gonna keep that one under my hat for resale purposes! haha

The guy wanted 1550 for it, and i took him to town. Mainly due to the fact when he brought it to meet me, it wouldn't start again lol

valver & 2002 mk2
Thanks for all the replies guys! :)

I'd say it's been lowered somehow already - maybe about 40mm? It's definately A LOT stiffer on the road than standard. I'm slightly dubious about how it's been lowered though! I had a quick look at the front N/S when inspecting the horn. The springs are black and the plate the spring sits on (what's that called?) is fat, yellow and scabby lookin. Also the rubber trim and said plate both have matching notches to stop movement (i'm assuming), but they aren't lined up properly suggesting it's been apart at some point. Anyone got any pics of the standard setup for comparison?

clio 1.2
my exhaust sounds raspy, my stepdad has 3 and there all like it so i presume its just a normal thing. my drivers window whistles, drop links are knocking, heater tube in the dash is loose, central locking is iffy.. i can go on? :)

valver & 2002 mk2
That exhaust needs a rubber mount to hold it back up into place , so then it wont be visible. Think they are like 2 or 3 quid for the we mount's .

EDIT: Check in here, maybe this will help - http://exhaustpartsuk.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=23_289_634

You could well be right there fella, it would explain the clinking sound i'm getting at the backend. I'd put it down to the crap lying on the spare wheel but it seems likely it could be related to this. I've been so busy recently i haven't had a chance to get it out to my mates garage for a look under it. Almost scared to look lol