ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My engine doesn't sound right ?

Expression 1.2 16v
Hello

http://youtu.be/n0d45r1iEKg

heres a video of my clio - petrol 1.2 16v 2003 65,000 miles.

I know the ticking noise of the tappets might be something to do with valve clearance ? Which I'm getting done - but what's the other noise, sounds like something rotating or something is it something to worry about ? - I'm getting cambelt kit fitted with the water pump Thursday so I don't know if that would help but it's due one anyway.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Ticking could be valve clearance or just rubbish oil but it's nothing I would worry about.

Tensioner sounds a bit ropey to me.

Cambelt and wp should cure.

edit:assume you're also have aux belt done

Expression 1.2 16v
Ticking could be valve clearance or just rubbish oil but it's nothing I would worry about.

Tensioner sounds a bit ropey to me.

Cambelt and wp should cure.

edit:assume you're also have aux belt done

Okay thanks, il see how the cambelt and wp change goes, I havnt got the aux belt booked for a change but is it much ?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Ask your garage. They will have to remove aux to do the cambelt. New belt is probably a tenner. New tensioner is easy and quick to fit but not sure of price.