ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Engine has gone.... UNBELIEVABLE.

German Barge

Well,

It happened, on the day i had a interview for the police force, along with the day that i had my car sold to luke off here, and the day i have reached a verdict. I have had some sh*tty luck!

MY BOTTOM END HAS GONE - 2.0 ownership is now at an end, i have a dead car sitting outside, so looks like i have to put a 1.8 back in it, and sell it on.

I have lost my interview placement, now have to wait till NEXT YEAR to get in.

Also, lost a sale, and most importantly wasted a decent guys time, and money because my f**king car has decided to call it a day...

WORDS CANNOT EXPRESS HOW I FEEL RIGHT NOW!

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer

sorry to hear that mate a bet your mega pissed beacause i know i would be.

German Barge

no thing is they do a day where more than just 1 person goes along, its more of a briefing and entry day. So, miss that and your stuffed, the waiting list is huge, so you can the que of people waiting to get in!

How far away was it? would have been worth paying £50 for a taxi as it was that important to you?

I thought I had a sh*tty day!

Beetle

Quote: Originally posted by BigChris on 27 July 2005

no thing is they do a day where more than just 1 person goes along, its more of a briefing and entry day. So, miss that and your stuffed, the waiting list is huge, so you can the que of people waiting to get in!

thats a big shame for you mate:cry:, my bro couldnt even get an interview for at least a year, so hes chosen a diferent career path

500bhp Scoob

ouch mate, sorry to hear that.

your car just doesnt want to goto a different owner does it :(

LY 200

Sorry to hear that mate!!!

I thought the deal was signed, sealed and it had gone!!!

I had the same luck few months back mate..............Had my car up and the bloody gearbox decided to pack up!!!

Always the way!!!

German Barge

aye, gonna find myself a 1.8 block so if anyone knows of one!! let me know, along with a 1.8 16v ECU -

I have a chipped prima racing williams ECU so, can either exchange??? or just buy your one?

Willy2

I can get hold of a ECU for a 16v if you wanna exchange and i will give you a bit of cash on top. PM me

German Barge

ok raj, will let you know.... just keeping my options open, will know within the next few days.. pm me a offer though.

gutted for ya mate :-( I know terrible it was was my 172/212 went into pieces at Pod... and then again when I crashed and totaled it :-(

As for the job situation, how about going for something a bit different, like ambulance technician (Chris off here has done that now and loves it, though he was looking at the force for a while before going for it)

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by Roamer on 27 July 2005

gutted for ya mate :-( I know terrible it was was my 172/212 went into pieces at Pod... and then again when I crashed and totaled it :-(
^^^His real name is Tyrone, and hes a Rally Driver, arent you!!!^^^^^

luketheduck

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 182; Octy vRS 245

Lol I cant believe it either. Dont think its sunk in yet.

3 1/2 hour train journey down to Kent, to find the cars decided to die. Then 3 1/2 hours back again and here I am!

It was running soooo sweetly the other night when we went out in it as well. Damn Clios!

Is there no way of rebuilding/reconditioning it? Or is the 1.8 route the only way?! Dont exactly know my stuff with the ins and outs of engines!

[Edited by luketheduck on 7/27/2005 11:51:28 PM]

German Barge

im so sorry luke, all i can say is that i will get it fixed, if you are still wanting the car let me know, one way or another it will be back on the road asap.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Thats utter pish. Did it not give any warning signs at all? Its such a shame that its ruined your choosen career ( for a while at least) as well. God damn mother f**king french cars!!!!!

German Barge

no warning signs - seriously i was cruisng @ 75-80mph, and then i heard something "twitch" pulled over, and it just cut out... got it started again, and it sounded.....well, sounded like that horrible sound you never wanna hear... metal on metal.... :cry:

luketheduck

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 182; Octy vRS 245

I have no beef with you Chris - been totally honest throughout. I managed to get a visit to the sea in as well while I was down, so not a totally wasted trip!

But is there any chance of getting the 2l lump repaired?!

German Barge

I will get it sorted, one way or another. I think i have pretty much fixed EVERYTHING on the car now... by the time i come to sell it it would be brand new with parts lol!!!

Ohh well, there is a reason for everything, i wasnt meant to sell it yesterday, and i wasnt meant to get to my police thing... so who knows....

same thing happend to my 2 ltr clio basicly the piston melted required a complete new engine, as it cracked the head and damaged the bore beyond repair :(
Was it a 2ltr Megane bottom end by any chance?

[Edited by madman1981 on 28 July 2005 at 10:05am]

German Barge

yeh, well im on the look out for a new engine, whatever is going really...just need to get this car sold now.... have a holiday booked as well, so cash is not great!!

Chris, I can speak to the lads at the Warrington breakers that did my bottom end swap if you like, the whole engine, gaskets and labour was f**k all and done in a day. Let me know bud, even if its a trek its worth it for the money you will prolly save. Megane bottom ends can also be had fairly cheaply, its easier to do a straight swap than fanny around putting it back to 1.8 spec.

PM me if you want their details pal, and again, gutted for you mate, I know EXACTLY how you feel :(

well if my guys have a spare 2.0 bottom end its game on, otherwise Chris can get one and they will fit it for next to nowt. I was devastated when my bottom end went, but in all honesty its not that bad, which I know is no comfort at the moment Chris, but trust me mate, youll get through this, but dont go back to 1.8 m8. You have to be positive and look at it as one part that can be directly swapped in a couple of hours (well, to people that know what they are doing... i can put petrol in and thats me limit...)