ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Estoril Blue E46 320d Sport

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Yeah, wouldn't get them xeonons! Maybe HIDs as you can them in properly using a guide on e46fanatics

I was going to buy a Clarion from another forum, nice bit of kit but he's acting a bit fishy so I think I'll give it a miss.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Okay, so the tinting film didn't go as planned. I can safely say Flyeyeskit are rubbish. Ordered a dark yellow, recieved this.

I'm still 50/50. But it'll probably come off this weekend. A bit too "scene" for me.

Also, 330d brakes fitted!! Picture time:

IMG_1650.jpg

IMG_1651.jpg

IMG_1647.jpg
IMG_1672.jpg

330d drilled and grooved on!!

Few pics I took coming home from a Pistonheads meet:
6250612229_d13b41fda4_b.jpg

BMW Estoril Blue Sport Saloon by DanielJames., on Flickr
6250598015_40d1e129e8_b.jpg

6250593939_dc6ca27a85_b.jpg

6251113430_eb6f51979a_b.jpg

6250579799_ff5d3d2818_b.jpg

6250573737_0199530f99_b.jpg

6250570361_9b6c344aac_b.jpg

Yorkshire Big Breakfast 586 by DanielJames., on Flickr

320d
Mate of mine has just got an E46 320D. Gone for an auto box on his though. I was massively impressed with the comfort and build quality when he took me out in it.

The E46 is definitely on my to own list. Great cars.

120d M Sport
Looks like another case of modifying for the sake of it. Its your car and you can do as you like but honestly, a car like this will just look silly modified!

Turbos.
Thought that too! Visually, i would keep it essentially OEM. Some mods like a subtle drop and clear bulbs etc. look OEM, but are only truly noticeable once parked up next to a truly standard car. As has been said, the stickers and bits just cheapen the car.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
So my front section has been knackered since I bought the car and needs sorting.

I can get a turbo back custom exhaust for £390, or fit a decat front pipe for £150 (+ fitting unless I do it myself) and then get a new tail pipe for the rear

What would CS.net do?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Daniel james! help a brother...

I just bought an some oil/oil filter/air filter for my 320d from the local factors. All good.

The guy asked me if i was planning on changing some other filter? Causes the car to smoke a bit? I had no clue what he was on about. Any ideas??

Cheers.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
What year is your 320d? He's probably referring to the particulate filter (which you probably wont have!)

and if you do have it, and it's playing up, you'd know about it!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Daniel james! help a brother...

I just bought an some oil/oil filter/air filter for my 320d from the local factors. All good.

The guy asked me if i was planning on changing some other filter? Causes the car to smoke a bit? I had no clue what he was on about. Any ideas??

Cheers.

Quite possibly the change from 'loo roll style' oil breather filter, to the 'vortex style one' ... as yours is a coupe (facelift), it probably has the vortex one already. Details on how to change are here: http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/f3/replacing-the-oil-breather-on-e46-320td-or-t15944/

Loo roll style gets gunked up, slowly kills the turbo, hence the smoke.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Decat finally arrived today after parcelforce screwing up, will be fitted at the weekend.

Also having problems with one if the termostats, didn't know until I went on the Bimmerforums and realised my car takes a long time to warm up.

Long story short it never gets above 80 degrees even after 45 minutes of driving. I'll be replacing the top thermostat near the EGR valve first as its the cheapest to do and easiest to get to.

To be sure though (/pikey) I'm going to take it off tonight and give it the blow test.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
5adcb827-0a78-e2b3.jpg

New top thermostat here, excellent service from BMW cotswold Hereford :)

Got that fitted, and a rare engine appeared

f480dccc.jpg

Something arrived.

ab3b716b.jpg

This has got to be the most awkward part I've ever removed from a car, 10 hours and a battered hand later
Up in the air:

f16e3542.jpg

669f010a.jpg

0e1b5ba9.jpg

73e5bed6.jpg

22d52b82.jpg

I'm a bit worried about this, the flexi is about a mm from the gearbox, when I start the car I can hear it clonking sometimes but I couldn't get it to fit properly and not be so close :\

e3008d0f.jpg

Cleaned up afterwards

6f42291e.jpg

f4939c20.jpg

Anyway, general ownership has been great so far. Until recently but I think I'll fall in love with it again once I get out and enjoy the good mpg and performance that that decat should have freed up.

Still got a small list of things to do, the next job will be the in car audio I think

Alpine here we come!!

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
one last thing, the ****ty garage that put a Full run tyre on the car, and resprayed the wheels while they were still fitted putting overspray all over the shocker etc. They didn't even remove the old paint! Anyway, idiots, I'm not sponsoring them.

They stuck it on well but I was victorious ;)

9ea1534a.jpg

944bfd36.jpg

3db63849.jpg

456ea1f3.jpg

:)