ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my excess is more than my insurance !!!

i have just renewed it on my valver for £414 f/c with elephant, i always thought the excess was £350.00, but as im in age group 21-24 its £450.00 !!!
(i opted for a voluntary £250.00 though, the 200.00 is statatury) i cant believe it !

when im 25 the excess goes down to £300.00, weird !

LY 200

f**kin hell mate............Im sure my excess isnt that much with elephant and im not in 21-24 year old bracket yet!!!

Il have to check!!!

its 200 regardless, plus ive always opted to pay a voluntery 250.00, i though it was 100.00 as standard, not 200.00 !!!
i couldnt believe it to be honest.

Illiad V6 255

Reckon loads of people are driving around with a bigger excess than they realise. Its always the mandatory additional excess that folk dont notice about.

Quote: Originally posted by Freebone on 09 June 2005

hell is that insurance really worth it with that much excess
i see what you saying, however elephant & admiral are by far the cheapest (most places (not all) have an excess of £350.00 any way)

im 25 this year, so it will drop to £300.00, plus im selling the valver soon & getting a fiat coupe 20v t, so the insurance will be more - i will have to pay the difference of about £300.00

Im 22 just got elephant to insure my new williams1 for £670, would have to shell out £500 excess if some thing happens but this would still be far cheaper then all other quotes I got of +2.5k. The way i see it is you take a risk with elephant but then they take risks with you giving you the initial low quotes,