ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My First 182 Problem. HELP!!!

Took the 182 out this morning to put some fuel in it. Not been off the drive for a week. When I filled it up and the engine was warm I put my foot down. Soon as it reached 4000rpm the temp gauge dropped to nothing and there was a loss of power... Anyone?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

oh my god not another one!!!!

did you have black smoke out the back with the loss of power? did it refuse to accelerate?

mine has done similiar.

when this first happened i got the temp sensor changed - worked for about two weeks

then the temp sensor would randomly go up and down with no loss of power although it would rev high when stationary - as if it was cold when the engne was warm... - they changed an oxygen sensor for that....

then it continued to do it a few months later and renault had my mcar for almost two weeks as they could not find the fault...

in the end i had to abuse renault UK and the dealer who found it i needed a new wiring loom because there were too many vibrations whilst driving and this was causing the fault.

now it is sorted - this had been going on since november. got my 182 back on wednesday....

hope it helps!

This is exactly what happened to my sisters 182, looks like this is a common fault, it was back at the dealers twice with this.

clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by Viv172 on 25 March 2005

This is exactly what happened to my sisters 182, looks like this is a common fault, it was back at the dealers twice with this.

nice to see you on here Viv....

[Edited by clarkiev6 on 25 March 2005 at 1:03pm]

Quote: Originally posted by clarkiev6 on 25 March 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Viv172 on 25 March 2005

nice to see you on here Viv....

[Edited by clarkiev6 on 25 March 2005 at 1:03pm]
As apposed to general chat??!! lol, yep I dont post on this forum that much as most of the topics have been repeated regularly since I joined ClioSport 2 years ago ;)

BMW 120i Sport

not another one...!?

Its a faulty coolant temperature sensor, ive lost count of the number of 182s that have had this, including me. Done under warranty without a problem. The sensor tells the engine that car is very cold, so it floods it with fuel which will cause a loss of power to begin with. In the case of my car, it eventually over fuelled and the car broke down altogether.

I had my sensor replaced and they had to clean all the plugs n stuff because of the engine flooding.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

sh*t scary. Not being funny but I think major faults like this should be rectified under a recall - regardless of the cost....

What happens if this happens to someone on the outside lane of a motorway at 70mph+?

D.

Quote: Originally posted by Darren S on 26 March 2005

sh*t scary. Not being funny but I think major faults like this should be rectified under a recall - regardless of the cost....

What happens if this happens to someone on the outside lane of a motorway at 70mph+?

D.
100% true... Its hard enough to get Renault to do the easiest of things so theres not much change... Hate it when they say can you come back and drop it off. Mon-Fri 9-5... They must think people dont work.

I also had this problem, although the sensor was not to blame.
The issue was with conductors inside the wire to the sensor being damaged and giving an intermittent connection; which led to the engine stalling.
The solution to restart the car was always to move the connector back and forth a little.
I explained all this to my dealer and they fixed the problem in half a day by cutting out the damaged area and inserting a link. The cars been fine now for 6 months.
If you need to find the temp sensor, its on the right hand side of the block below the throttle body. I think the wire colour is purple.