ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My first attempt with a DA machine.

Clio 172
Ok, Finally got around to using my Kestral DA6 today. It was my first time with a detailing machine. I read some guides on detailingworld.com and took my time. Here are some pictures of the process.

Nice and dirty.

IMG_5368.jpg

IMG_5361.jpg

IMG_5356.jpg

Washed using the two bucket method with a microfiber wash mit, a seperate wash mit was used for the wheels. Then dried with a waffle weave towel. Results so far.

IMG_5370.jpg

Then placed in the garage ready for the machine.

IMG_5374.jpg

Pictures of swirls under halogen light.

IMG_5375.jpg

IMG_5376.jpg

I used a light cut pad with Meguires speed glaze #80. To finish i sealed the paint with Auto Glym extra gloss and then a coat of wax to give a deep shine.

IMG_5381.jpg

These pictures show a great result in the removal of swirl marks, very please for my first attempt.

IMG_5383.jpg

Reflection shot of the car roof, takes a bit to get your head round, the garage door was open and so was above the car. The halogen light picks up some dust that has already settled.

IMG_5385.jpg

Went to take some pictures outside but surprise surprise, it was raining and dark!! :mad: (Excuse the lack of tyre gel, haven't put any on yet).

IMG_5401.jpg

IMG_5403.jpg

IMG_5404.jpg

IMG_5405.jpg

IMG_5406.jpg

IMG_5408.jpg

IMG_5410.jpg

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Looks stunning mate. The more i see these threads the more i want a machine polisher although my cars still looking god from when middo gave it a good going over not so long ago.

Is there much difference between the kestrel and megs polishers would the experts say?

Wow, nice work for a first attempt! Its making me want to get one even more now!!

Ahhhh, I hate decisions!

Was it easy to do? How long did it take to do the whole car?

106 GTi
Looks good,nice level of correction for a mild combo- the EGP won't bond that well to the #80 so don't expect it to be as durable as it should.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looks good,nice level of correction for a mild combo- the EGP won't bond that well to the #80 so don't expect it to be as durable as it should.
forum user treen! your is advice is no longer welcome in detailing. ;)

Clio 172
Looks stunning mate. The more i see these threads the more i want a machine polisher although my cars still looking god from when middo gave it a good going over not so long ago.

Is there much difference between the kestrel and megs polishers would the experts say?

There isn't much difference between the two machines. the Meguires one costs a little bit more but comes in a proper case which the Kestral doesnt. the main reason i went for the Kestral is because they have a service and repair centre in the UK which Meguires don't.

Wow, nice work for a first attempt! Its making me want to get one even more now!!

Ahhhh, I hate decisions!

Was it easy to do? How long did it take to do the whole car?

Yeah, it was fairly easy to get to grips with. it took me about 5 hours to machine the whole car. but i recon it wouldnt take so long with more experience.

Thanks for the advice, i was thinking of getting a better sealant, what do you recommend?

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra

Sorry to Hi-Jack but Rich do you still want a 2" pug sport? PM me.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
What sort of speeds do people use on machines? I have a rotary which i got off my dad but i have only ever used it with srp. It goes at 2000-2500rpm. ?

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Nice work! Just remember than #80 does contain fillers, but nowhere near as much as SRP!

As for repairs, when my G220 broke I dropped them an email and they replaced it straight away :approve:

Clio 172
good first attempt that mate!

Cant wait to do mine! Just got all this new stuff through:
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=387395

Did you just use megs #80 then seal or did you refine it after with another polish?

i just used the megs #80 then sealed it then put on some wax. i'm sure i'll refine my methods with more use.

your collection of cleaning stuff looks good. similar to mine.

Nice work! Just remember than #80 does contain fillers, but nowhere near as much as SRP!

As for repairs, when my G220 broke I dropped them an email and they replaced it straight away :approve:

interesting, i'd heard bad things about when other peoples G220's had broken and difficulties with not having a service centre in the UK.