ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My First Car... and its lowww!

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Picked her up on Friday evening, my very first car. As some of you know I had been looking at loads of diffrent cars, from a Mk1 clio to a 172 Cup, went to view a CUP but the insurance was the same price as the car which I have now plus the price of the Cup alone.

Anyways my car :approve: ... its a 2003 MkII Dynamique Billabong in black.

The guy has done some mods to it already and to be honest I would have been doing the same. Mods added to the car are : FK Coilovers
Freeflow exhaust (think its a full system)
Upgraded front brakes to 1.6 (Red calipers to :rasp: )
Upgraded headunit plus ICE install in the boot.

I believe the coilovers are sitting about 70/75 at the back and probaly the same at the front maybe slightly higher... looks spot on though, best mod you can do to a car.

Its in perfect condition and it has over 50k miles on the clock, has been so well looked after and the guy was sad to see it go (even I felt bad)

Hear are some pictures:

P1010033.jpg

P1010053.jpg

P1010038.jpg

Not the best pictures but gives you an idea and was desperate to get them up.

Have already scrapped the bumper at halfords on the kerb whilst a was buying a sunstrip for the front window..... jokes was buying cleaning products :D

Cliosport sticker is on its way to.

Thanks, Ben.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
I have seen a silver 182, with silver wheels near the next generation gym. Doubt its you, has a big yellow arnold clark sticker on the rear window.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
The ICE came with the car, if it wasnt there then I dont think I would be getting one... but hey im not complaining.

The brakes, this was the guy telling me and the service history says its been changed, not sure on if there the same on the 1.2 and the 1.6, I wouldn't have thought so.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
brakes on 1.2 16v, 1.4 16v and 1.6 16v are all the same, same setup as a valver. 259mm vented disks.

finally another 1.2 to give me a run for my money at the meets :D looks awesome mate, makes me even more desperate to get these fukin 16" turinis off and get my 15s back on!!!

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Im going to try and get spacers for the rear wheels to try and bring it out a bit. Will look better to.

Clio
awesome mate, looks great, cant wait until mines dropped, not keen on the sound system though, sorry :(

Want a clio mk1
That is well smart for a first car mate. Whats insurance like??? :rasp:

~Beav

Breaking A 172 Replica
Very nice for a first car.

When you sell it return it to standard though.

You will get more for it this way and get money your way when you PX for standard parts.

My top tip for the day ;)

Sam

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
That is well smart for a first car mate. Whats insurance like??? :rasp:

~Beav

Ridiculous... hate insurance companys.

Better than £4000 on a 172Cup though lol... worth a try.

how old are you?

im paying 740 fully comp on my own name for my modified 2005 1.2 16v, with alloys, fk's and other bits... im 18.