ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my first car!!

2001 1.2 16v
hi folks.
this is my first car.
had it about 4 months and everything was good.
however recently i'm losing oil down the front of the engine.
it looks like its coming from cylinder head but i'm not losing any water.
tried to remove the plenham cover to check rocker gasket but couldn't get it off and had to connect everything up again.

Photo-0011.jpg

Photo-0009.gif

5b51_1.gif

58c4_1.jpg

RenaultSport 172.
i like the stance with the wheels :)

nice first car, did you buy it like that or do the work yourself?

2001 1.2 16v
thanks guys.
1.2 16v dynamique.
lowered 50ml all round, 17" tsw's, stainless from cat back, proffessional tints.
bodywork is in excellent condition.
but it's bloody slow.!
my gf's 1995 1.2 106 leaves it well behind.!
engine has just short of 100k on it and i was thinking of replacing it with another of the same.
cheers.

RenaultSport 172.
ahh right kool.

if the engine is alit slow & your considering changing it, why not whack a slightly bigger lump in there?

2001 1.2 16v
reading the forums it appears that i would have to change ecu, looms etc.
i would rather just drop in like for like.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
your misses 1.2 will keep up cos its an 8v go down the motorway she wont keep up then :) the 1.1s can keep up with the 1.2 clio's till you get to Higher speeds, take it from me i used to own one its only cos they rev like fook but on topic again your cars nice i would change the 17's for 15's imo cant help you with your engine i know jack all bout clios lol im sure someone will help out tho

Combo
nice, not too sure on the mirrors but looks like a good car. i want to colour code my bumpers, thats next on the list!