ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My First Clio and my first car!

Renault Sport 172
Hi All, After looking around for my first car for a couple of weeks I finally bought a really nice 1.2 Clio Expression. Right after me and me dad got the car home I washed It and gave it a wax straight away, Here's the pics! :approve: , (not sure how to embed pics)

p4160113.jpg

p4160112d.jpg

p4160114.jpg

p4160115.jpg

p4160116.jpg

Just a few questions though, When the car is cold it idles 'lumpy' and feels very hesitant until warmed up, could this be the start of the coil pack going?
Also When touching the accelerator the engine makes a 'sucking' sound, it sounds like its from the rear of the engine, Is this normal or could it be an air leak?

Thanks in advance Sam.

Last edited by a moderator:
  renaultsport clio197
Just a few questions though, When the car is cold it idles 'lumpy' and feels very hesitant until warmed up, could this be the start of the coil pack going?
Also When touching the accelerator the engine makes a 'sucking' sound, it sounds like its from the rear of the engine, Is this normal or could it be an air leak?

Thanks in advance Sam.
Inlet manifold gasket???

1.2 Dynam & 182FFCup
Welcome Sam, coincidentally enough Im from essex too.....and called Sam.
Nice Clio!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I'm just sorting out embedding them for you, it's a PITA with image shack, sign up for photobucket for future uploads mate :)

Last edited:

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
R33 GTR in the background! YUM!

Oh yeah and nice clio, looks like a little minter for an 02 plate!

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
i also spied the skyline! very nice!

clio looks mint too!!

i wouldnt have thought the inlet gasket would cause a lump idle, more likely to idle far too high as a result of that!!

my first should would indeed be the coilpack tbh! but feel free to give the TB a good clean if you get time!!

Welcome to the club btw! always good to get some more essex peeps onboard!

Renault Sport 172
Thanks for all the suggestions and the warm welcome! Think I will try the coil pack first then. The car has done about 77k miles and apart from the rear bumper every things great! Just cant wait until my birthday now lol. The skyline is my dads, I can post pics of that as well if you want me to?

Renault Sport 172
I'm just sorting out embedding them for you, it's a PITA with image shack, sign up for photobucket for future uploads mate :)

Thanks!, I did try Photobucket but wouldn't let me login, said they were carrying out maintenance or something?

Renault Sport 172
Found the problem and its now fixed!, when we first picked the car up we jet washed the engine engine bey because it was grubby, and it turns out that water got into were the spark plugs are (even though that the engine was running while washing). So got rid of the water, chaged the plugs and now its running fine!

renaultsport clio197
:S
This is why i went down the gasket route, glad you got it sorted, i hate preasure washing engines, i did my 19 16v a few years back and the car packed in later that day, after i,d spent out on a new coil pack it turned out to be the crank sensor:(, still got the brand new coil pack wonder what its worth???