ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My first Clio (with problems)

As I’m new to ClioSport.net I Just thought I would share my first ever Clio it's a RS Clio Trophy No:390/500

Picked it up last Wednesday from Renault after a two week wait and I am absolutely made up with it, but.......... there is always a but......

Problems:(

Me
The only downside is that its been sat on the drive all week and hasn't been driven due to me having a operation on my knee the day before it was picked up by my dad, so I am itching to drive it next Tuesday when I see the doc. (I Hope)

The Car[font=&quot]
After me cleaning it I noticed two dents in the bonnet where some monkey has pushed it down two close it. Phoned Renault and their fixing next Friday.

So here it is

49953300_2e74e4743d.jpg

[/font]

BMW 330d :)
Yeah my bonnet seems to have dented where it has been pushed down too hard. The metal must be paper thin at that point to save weight. It seems to be at the crease of the bonnet in the middle.

Fraser

Fraser's Cup said:
Yeah my bonnet seems to have dented where it has been pushed down too hard. The metal must be paper thin at that point to save weight. It seems to be at the crease of the bonnet in the middle.

Fraser

Mine are either side of the crease.

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255
Looking absolutely spot on :)

Where I have to open the bonnet reasonably frequently on the Vee (it being the "boot" where I keep a booster seat for my kids), I'm paranoid about pushing too hard when shutting it. It really shouldn't be that easy to damage your car ... but unfortunately it seems it is :(

320d
Beautiful car mate enjoy it

Always drop the bonnet shut from 6 inches or so up that way no pressure is ever exerted on the panel

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
clio16v1996 said:
Beautiful car mate enjoy it

Always drop the bonnet shut from 6 inches or so up that way no pressure is ever exerted on the panel

ditto :) never, ever press on the bonnet

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Like Rich said, always drop the bonnet.

It's French remember...you can practically read throught the panels.

Lovely motor by the way, hope you get to enjoy it soon!!

Chris
ps.
I'm from Warrington too, i live in Grappenhall! Where are you from?

carbon copy said:
Like Rich said, always drop the bonnet.

It's French remember...you can practically read throught the panels.

Lovely motor by the way, hope you get to enjoy it soon!!

Chris
ps.
I'm from Warrington too, i live in Grappenhall! Where are you from?

Halton, Runcorn i know where Grappenhall is.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Looks great, hope you get to drive it soon.

oh and welcome to the club :D

Haven't I just said all that somewhere before? :clown: