ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My first Clio

clio sport 172
Just thought id pop a few photos up of my little ph1.

Image113.jpg

Image115.jpg

Image116.jpg

Image117.jpg

Image122.jpg

Image119.jpg

This is my first go at modding a Clio so all views welcome.

O yeah and iv got a new set of R888's and 4 new Anthracite Speed line turinis on there way :D

Cheers

Titanium 182
mmm i like that its well nice, what happened to the standard pedals tho :( ?

could have a smaller steering wheel too but apart from that it looks gorgeous :D

clio sport 172
Pedals came on the car, there going to be replaced with some new ones from Renault as soon as pay day comes. As for the wheel, believe it or not I find it makes the driving positions loads better plus its not that big in the flesh. lol

Cheers for the replies

clio sport 172
Im just waiting for the wheels to turn up then im going to have to get sum new bolts, dont think rusty bolts will ever be cool.

clio sport 172
Iv bin playing with the idea of ph2 back bumper, but wernt sure if to go for the twin pipes or just play it safe with the 172 ph2??
Just want to see how the new wheels look, then i think its going to be coilover time!:)

Titanium 182
could be cool with a 182 bumper actually the exhaust would be a pain though because of the spare wheel well. Personally would just go for a 172 bumper and get a recessed system made into the bumper :)

clio sport 172
I quite like not seeing the back box though, makes it look bit smoother if you know what i mean.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Is that steering wheel for real? You could steer the SS Great Britain with that.

Oh, and pmsl @ your name.

Iv bin playing with the idea of ph2 back bumper, but wernt sure if to go for the twin pipes or just play it safe with the 172 ph2??
Just want to see how the new wheels look, then i think its going to be coilover time!:)
172 i meant :) would finish the rear look off

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Steering wheel looks just what the Clio needs tbh.

I found the ideal position for the pedals left you too far away from the wheel.

clio sport 172
looks sweet

what miles did you get out the old ones??

I think its about 3month :dapprove: but i do 50 miles a day round trip to work, so its not that bad.

As for the steering wheel, i think i need to take another pic because its only 350mm! lol

Cheers for all the replies as well, like it says in the title its my first go at Clio ownership, all ur views and comments are welcome, even when taking the p*ss out of my number plate!:eek:

clio sport 172
Im not sure what size a standard steering wheel is? I thought 350mm was just about right, any smaller and my hands would meet in the middle!
To be fair any wheels better than the tatty thing I took off, I think renault made the standard one from cheese.

clio sport 172
Looks great :)
What did you have before the Clio?

Iv had a civic 1.4 twin carb, that was a little stripped out track car but i stuck that into a fence. Then I bought a 1.5lsi civic and did the whole JDM thing, never got round to fitting a teg type r lump. If im honest I miss that little civic :(, i ort to have kept it and turned it in2 a proper track monster.

172 Silver Cup
Wogger I had a EP3 Type R. Tuned it a lil bit (Kakimoto Exhaust, AEM Filter) But sold it, bought a Focus ST. Miss it so much. Now sold the Focus ST and Bought A 172 to track. I like your mods, even the steering wheel, I prefer suede tho. How many miles u get out of the tyres? Roughly 3000?? Are they worth it?? And if it is 3000 miles is taking it slowly looking after them or having a bit of fun ;)

clio sport 172
Wogger I had a EP3 Type R. Tuned it a lil bit (Kakimoto Exhaust, AEM Filter) But sold it, bought a Focus ST. Miss it so much. Now sold the Focus ST and Bought A 172 to track. I like your mods, even the steering wheel, I prefer suede tho. How many miles u get out of the tyres? Roughly 3000?? Are they worth it?? And if it is 3000 miles is taking it slowly looking after them or having a bit of fun ;)

I was looking at getting an EP3 while looking at the Clio but the insurance was mad! Nearly 3 x more. As for the tyres!! there the best mod iv had on any car, at the end of the day its the only thing thats in contact with the ground and you get what you pay for.

Cheers again for ur views:D