ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My first day Off roading! Awesome!!!!

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
I realise this isn't the norm on here as its quite the opposite to a track day with silvervisions and Turinis but ah well! Lol.

So today was the first day i have been out off roading. I bought my D3 a month ago and wanted to see what they are like off road etc so i bought a LRE in a D4 for a whole day.

My god they are amazing, The technical area we started on was great fun, loads of steep hills/big rocks/slopes etc.

We then moved onto the fields and a few other bits that were full of ruts and puddles.
Unfortently i didnt get too many photos but i would highly recommend this to any one even if you know what you're doing!

As soon as i get my D3 fixed i want to do a bit in my own car now i'm happy with how everything works..
9B19B9F4-860B-4EF0-AD76-1779FDF568D3-8602-0000057D0E552711_zpse5e91d29.jpg
Click image to enlarge

10E8C955-A613-4610-A641-FFB6D5B8A633-8602-0000057D137355EF_zps1563a7d1.jpg
Click image to enlarge

New Rangey
26DA00B3-E8C9-40BA-82F1-B282A66EF0E4-8602-0000057D1A4BFC93_zps2349ee38.jpg
Click image to enlarge

9743B37D-D3A8-49B4-B1E2-2B71B5AF8DDB-8602-0000057D20A37B9A_zps747826a2.jpg
Click image to enlarge

DE4889A4-91D0-4C18-8EE6-2313FF940014-8602-0000057D2EA7E7D0_zps14f518a6.jpg
Click image to enlarge

879DF1C0-240C-40A0-93DE-D5A3FF0FC121-8602-0000057D3427BB7C_zpse8c5ef25.jpg
Click image to enlarge

6FC06DAA-7A52-4C2A-A15B-680C936D29F0-8602-0000057D3E8DC597_zpsaae8b553.jpg
Click image to enlarge

All in all, I want a D4. Lol.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
These are a few mates that are abit 'more into it'
All go to Essex to do it.

This one, no problem...

This one, f**k that.

Last edited by a moderator:

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Can I suggest that anyone who wants to try offloading with a LR experience seriously considers making the trip to Eastnor Castle. It is fantastic and it is where we do our off road training for work. All the LR experiences are great but Eastnor is just brilliant.

FF RB 182
I used to own a little Suzuki SJ got it for £300 off a mate had fun for a few months then just sold it on to a work mate, work in a quarry so have lots of places to play and mess around in, and plenty of green lanes around too.. Had some fun in it and didn't care about it..

547676_3773503652047_983162594_n.jpg

562615_3891261115910_1222861125_n.jpg

554652_10151730231885424_1092470850_n.jpg

But i still prefer green laning in normal everyday cars, I had a old Skoda took some abuse, youTube 'Skoda Favorit river crossing' lol

'Mia' Rover Mini 35

This one, no problem...

This one, f**k that.

One of my tutors goes greenlaning in an Aisa Rocsta, its some Kia version of a defender, he likes his defender too much.

I spent a couple of weeks building the brake and steering system back up after he snapped a steering arm!

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My neighbour does green laning and has somehow managed to persuade me to buy a Discovery to go along with him.

Looking forward to it now. :)

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
My neighbour does green laning and has somehow managed to persuade me to buy a Discovery to go along with him.

Looking forward to it now. :)

f**king good lad. It's great fun.

I made the instructor s**t himself when i forgot to brake at the top of a short steep hill. Nearly took off. Lol.

What Disco you getting?

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
f**king good lad. It's great fun.

I made the instructor s**t himself when i forgot to brake at the top of a short steep hill. Nearly took off. Lol.

What Disco you getting?

I've got it already. Old diesel thing. 3 door, on an m plate, done 189k and has 2 odd wheels. Taxed and mot though. ;)

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Didn't even realise they did a 3 door disco! Lol.
Is it clean, mechanically etc?

Mechanically it seems perfect. I know very little about them but my mates a LR nut and has given it the seal of approval. It's fcuking filthy and it stinks and its covered in hedge scratches, but its not got a sunroof so there's no rot around the rear arches (Where the sunroof drains go) and the boot floor has been replaced in the past so that's all good as well.

I bought it off another LR nut who goes laning with them who has now given it up so I know it's been mechanically looked after.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Awesome. If i could buy one to do off roading in, i would buy a Defender. They are so dear tho.

When's your first trip?

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
No idea mate. I've not even picked it up yet. I've paid for it though.... Mong.

I will make sure I take my camera as me being me, i'm bound to fcuk something up along the way!!

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
No idea mate. I've not even picked it up yet. I've paid for it though.... Mong.

I will make sure I take my camera as me being me, i'm bound to fcuk something up along the way!!

Momentum or grip. (Learnt that today)
for some reason I didn't seem to have either for quite a bit. Lol.

Yeh, take lots of photos when you thougjt, 'that rut' will be fine. ;)

terryc101

ClioSport Club Member
Dad did green laning and off roading when I was a kid in a classic range rover and then a series 2 landy. Was really great fun except for the winter months with pathetic land rover heating.

I remember once climbing up onto the parcel shelf in the range rover to get out the water, dad was up to his waist and just driving on through lol.

172 cup

Theres certainly several decent lanes to go down here, there a byway that you can follow for about 30 miles, providing theres no trees that are blown down or anything blocking the road :)

Megane r26
I had a go a few years back when I worked for Volvo on one of there pride days.

We used xc90's and I was surprised how good they were, I was concerned about tipping the thing but instructor said they would go much further. I must say up until then I didn't see the appeal of 4x4 driving but that opened my eyes and I enjoyed it!

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
lol at that bill for the LR,

my Suzuki SJ hasn't been serviced in 2/3 years, just got a garage to to a full check and only replace what was needed. - £149 done.

If you want something for off-roading the SJ is perfect, its just s**t as an on road car!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Dan, next time Dundry is on you'll have to come!

Just looking at old vids of dundry. This was sketchy -

I was sat in the passerget seat when this happened. Was a like a missle.