ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Freshly Cleaned Audi TT Mk1 V6

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Today's handy work. First clean since i bought my TT a little over a week ago. Nothing to drastic.

Started by washing the car and removing most tar with tardis, any stubborn bits were also clayed. I then hand polished the car using super resin polish and sealed with a carnauba wax. Exhausts scrubbed with autosol and bought back to a shine with Meguairs metal polish. Windows cleaned with Autoglymm glass polish.

Interior was hoovered and denim stains in leather cleaned out using gliptone leather cleaner. Could do with a second going over to get them A1 but i run out so that had to do for today lol.

Only 2 small things letting the car down now. Firstly, Wheels need a refurb, theyve been battered by previous owners. Secondly, just below the rear number plate youll notice it doesnt have the same gloss finish as the rest of the car. I wonder if its had some paint in the past...possibly a chipsaway type repair that wasnt to the highest standard and as i result its a real matt finish. To be honest it might even polish up if i get a machine polisher on it with a cutting pad followed by finishing pad. So will get that sorted at somepoint.

Overall not bad for 6.5 years old and done nearly 72k.

IMG_0433.jpg

IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

IMG_0437.jpg

IMG_0438.jpg

IMG_0439.jpg

IMG_0440.jpg

IMG_0441.jpg

IMG_0442.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

IMG_0444.jpg

IMG_0445.jpg

IMG_0446.jpg

IMG_0448.jpg

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Nice. I used to hate them but now I want a smoothed one in nimbus grey with red leather..lol

Corsa Van. Meh.
I think black leather would of been a better option but other than that, very nice.

Z4
My ghds and hairdryer match my interior ;)

Looks nice though mate, I do love how the tt looks, and the interior is just sexy, it's just a shame the handling and involvement are poor :(

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I always thought the handling was pretty good on these.

Looks nice and clean for the miles...

Z4
I always thought the handling was pretty good on these.

Looks nice and clean for the miles...

driven one? it feels as though you've had a mild dose of Rohypnol, the steering is numb and it understeers and oversteers without much warning! The weight distribution doesn't feel right, hard to explain.

Love the exterior and interior - forgot how nice TT's actually are! Looks very tidy tbh.

Have to agree with Daniel though, That gearbox (IMO) is a real boner-killer :dapprove:

Audi TT 3.2 V6
looks nice fella, any particular reason for moving on from the ST?

Well i traded down to an Astra Coupe Turbo in an effort to save money. I have a works van and the ST seemed a waste just sitting there all day. However it backfired and the Astra cost me a bloody fortune lol. So got rid of the Astra and went for the TT purely as i fancied a change from high powered front wheel drive turbo cars.

Love the exterior and interior - forgot how nice TT's actually are! Looks very tidy tbh.

Have to agree with Daniel though, That gearbox (IMO) is a real boner-killer :dapprove:
Can see where your both coming from but honestly you should have a drive of one, it suits the car brilliantly and changes gear quicker and smoother than you or i ever could. Its nice to cruise around with it in drive and when your going for a play knock it over into tiptronic and use the paddles on the steering wheel to change gear manually