ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My German p**n ...

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Well after a month ive finally got round to cleaning it properly (redundancy does have some perks lol) as im back in Cornwall for the week at my parents house.

Thought id stick a few pics up of my bargain barge ;) wont go into too much detail as that will be covered in the project thread ill put up next week, so here are some nice pics from todays efforts.

For the cleaning fetishists out there, I havent quite finished its 'detail' yet, but so far have used a pressure washer, halfords car wash, bucket, sponge and Megs clay/detailing spray. Will finish with Autoglum SRP & EGP tomorrow :) Interior has been cleaned with Liquid Leather cleaner & conditioner.

DSC00268.jpg

DSC00262.jpg

DSC00245.jpg

DSC00235.jpg

DSC00248.jpg

DSC00247.jpg

DSC00249.jpg

DSC00232.jpg

Need to refurb the drivers side rear wheel, but thats hopefully getting done next week. Hopefully most will agree, its not bad for a car approaching 130k miles ... will be getting some eibachs for it soon & have a spoiler on the way, not sure whether i want to fit it or not though?

Compared to the cup? Well its an entirely different animal, but far better suited to 2k a month on the motorway tbh & covers ground (inc. the twisties) surprisingly quickly if you dont mind hustling it a bit ;)

330Ci (Fail)Sport
M-Sport E36 :approve::star:

I love these, sometimes think "what if...?" if I'd got one instead of the 172. Looks a beauty mate. 328i?

Tangoed Works
looks mint dude. as said rare to see one with out a doggy dtm back box and lexus lights that look like teenagers spots.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
That picture makes me sad. :(

(Only because I miss mine! lol)

Looks bloody lovely mate.

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Looking good matey! you have been busy since the last staines meet, Get some pictures of it under petrol station light FTW...... :rasp:

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Looking good matey! you have been busy since the last staines meet, Get some pictures of it under petrol station light FTW...... :rasp:

Umm no lol, tbh its nowhere near as bad now as it was, but after being quoted £300 to correct it properly, i got to grips with the SRP and its 'filling' qualities ;)

Thanks for the kind words people, my aim is to get it close to OEM & mint on the outside, with maybe some slight naughtiness under the bonnet, until i can afford a mint M3 Evo anyway ...

Go cry to your momma!
328is's are lovely motors : )
I had a boston green one about a year ago - bought it stock and put some coilovers on it, job done (i just wanted to go sideways)

The lips are those BBS' are such a chore to keep mint, keep an eye on them fella.

Lovely example :)

320d
you can get like that all you want but you know the logical names stopped at the e36 ;)

True. However the higher the number the more power usually applies.

I.e. a 325i is 3.0 as is the 330i and the 335i but the higher the end two numbers the greater the power.

There are some anomalies i.e. the 20d engine is more powerful than the 20i engine, the 23d engine in more powerful than the 25d engine and maybe a few more I cba thinking of.

Turbo Beige
Looks better now its clean Dave.

Im glad you got to this before me now!!

Im pretty sure this is a later non LSD car.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Thanks for all the nice comments :cool:

It is indeed a 2.8, 193bhp as standard which is enough to push it along fairly well, may invest in a Dave F. bigger throttle body & 325i manifold which would take it to about 220bhp, but that would eat into the M3 fund so im not too sure tbh ...

As mentioned, as its alter model it has traction control instead of LSD, although its not hard to retro fit one if i feel the need. As its not a track car thats highly unlikely if im entirely honest.

The question is, shall i stick the spoiler on or leave it nice and smooth as it is?

Thanks for all the nice comments :cool:

It is indeed a 2.8, 193bhp as standard which is enough to push it along fairly well, may invest in a Dave F. bigger throttle body & 325i manifold which would take it to about 220bhp, but that would eat into the M3 fund so im not too sure tbh ...

As mentioned, as its alter model it has traction control instead of LSD, although its not hard to retro fit one if i feel the need. As its not a track car thats highly unlikely if im entirely honest.

The question is, shall i stick the spoiler on or leave it nice and smooth as it is?

i vote smooth :)

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
leave is as it is...... spoiler will make it look like all the 316i's that have been barry'd up.

120d M Sport
Stunning! Timeless these are

My neighbour has one of identical to yours but for silver leather and a rear spoiler. Took me for a blast I must say it felt absolutely rapid!!! How much did you pay if you dont mind me asking? He paid £4k for his, with 80k on the clock

Oh and I can post you a pic of his with spoiler on the back if you like, if you're still unsure whether to fit or not..