ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My German p**n ...

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Yeah, stick a picture up, always good to see other e36's!! With regards to price, i paid less than half what he did ;) although mine does have a few more miles on it ...

I love it, done 3k miles in it in the past month, is a fantastic piece of machinery :D

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Been a while, but time for a little update now I suppose!!

Serviced the car about 6 weeks ago now, did the oil & filter, pollen filter, usual checks, etc, then reset it back to 5 green lights via the ‘paperclick’ method, although I’ve done 2.5k miles since then so im down to 4 already:dapprove:

After that, the rumbling started, doh! Turned out the front drivers side wheel bearing had gone, no play in it, just noise, so bought a new one from ECP, along with new ATE discs front & rear, some Jurid pads for the front, Textar for the rear & 6 x OE NGK spark plugs. Was expecting it to cost a lot more if im honest, but at £225 it wasn’t bad – especially seeing as it it cost £180 for the just the rear discs on a 172 Cup!! Lots of things to play with:
DSC00541.jpg

Fitted the spark plugs & front brakes a couple of weeks ago, then realised I didn’t have a bearing puller half-way through and so had to get MCP in West Byfleet to sort it out for me. Ended up taking them 2 ½ hours as it was pretty jammed, although Michael only charged me for an 1 ½ labour and I got to drool over a track spec estoril M3 Evo for a bit, (anyone on here?) so it wasn’t all bad! Still need to do the rear discs & pads, but that’s planned for this weekend – means I don’t have to go shopping with the girlfriend lol.

Next up, a little parcel arrived from ebay:
DSC00505.jpg

The standard e36 mod it would seem, but I like them, not too sure on having it on the front though if im entirely honest; makes it stick out a little too far for my liking.

Then, about a week later a medium sized parcel appeared from Buster328 on here, containing:
DSC00501.jpg

Once fitted, its safe to say the noise is really rather nice, or ‘spine-tingling’ as a friend put it. Only problem is, it really highlights the brick wall that the 328 hits at 5k rpm, there really is no point going up there apart from the wail lol. I nearly ended up with a BBTB & manifold a few days later as it irritated me so much, but it just wasn’t meant to be unfortunately. Maybe next time ay!!

Apologies for the state of my engine bay by the way, it’s on the list of things to do:
DSC00503.jpg

Another week and another (huge) parcel arrive from Cotswold BMW:
DSC00531.jpg

Before (also showing the new surround):
DSC00532.jpg

After:
DSC00537.jpg

Very pleased!! Finishes the front off nicely I think, Peps gonna fit the M3 mesh to his, but im not so sure, think I prefer the ‘improved upon’ standard look. I can have the mesh when I buy an M3 anyway …

After fitting that on Saturday, I popped over to Reading to see his 328i Sport. He also went from a 172 Cup to a barge, so we share the same pain/fun. It’s a beautiful car, you really cant go wrong with red I don’t think :cool:, although it does just look like hes copying Jon_r ;):
DSC00540.jpg

DSC00538.jpg

And then, finally, after 3 months of looking, I managed to get hold of a BBS RC042 off ebay (no surprise there tbh), it does need a refurb, but that’s not the end of the world!

So once that’s done, externally it will be finished, brought back from the ‘shed’ that it once was, I’ve still not fitted my rear 6x9’s & Phoenix Gold components for the front so I need to do that at some point, then there’s the hottuning coilovers that may just tempt me at some point. Bilsteins with 132k on them aren’t going to be a great as they once were I don’t think … but, I do 99% of my miles on the motorway & the floaty, bargy feel aint half comfy …

172, Tiguan
Will have to bring the barge up to see you and Dan sometime.

Pick a nice day - and a nice pub.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Nice copy and paste, you forum slut.

You're obviously just as bad, you noticed it ;)

Re: the interior, just used some liquid leather cleaner & conditioner, not been coloured/dyed at all as it dont think it really needs it.

Jon - need to get another rolling road day sorted as well, could combine that with pub lunch/BBQ at mine, etc. We'll need a seperate BMW at this rate lol.

182 Trophy (#27/500)
I understand why people like the smooth look but for me it would have to be the gt2 rear wing. Would look amazing!

Whatever you decide its an awesome looking car mate!!!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I understand why people like the smooth look but for me it would have to be the gt2 rear wing. Would look amazing!

Whatever you decide its an awesome looking car mate!!!

For me its not so much the smooth look i like, but the 'improved' standard appearance, M3 GT wings look ace, but only on the M3 GT imho :) I actually bought a standard sport boot spoiler a couple of months back, but essentially didnt have the balls to drill 4 ruddy great big holes in my boot lid - when an offer came up to sell it at a nice profit, the decision was made for me tbh.

Thanks for the comments though, puts a big old smile on my face when people appreciate all the hard work (& bargain hunting!) thats going into it.

Re: the number plate surrounds, they're on ebay for about £18 delivered. Just type in 'M Power surrounds' and they should pop up. Avoid the Polish ones though as the quality is shocking apparently!!