ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My GF has just bought me Sky HD!

2014 Focus Titanium
Now then!

Just got home and found out my fiance has ordered us sky HD with the full package and paid for 6 months! Totally shocked! I've wanted it for ages but we've been saving for the wedding so thought better and now this!

It's getting installed next friday! Can't frigging wait!

Anything I need to know? I've used sky plus a few times before but never actually had it myself!

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
its hard to remember that you have HD tbh, youll be siting on the sofa watching SKy1 in the middle of a good program then a advert comes on sayin available in HD, then you remember lol, always happens to me,

just make sure to book mark the HD ffilms ;)

330Ci Clubsport
Now then!

Just got home and found out my fiance has ordered us sky HD with the full package and paid for 6 months! Totally shocked! I've wanted it for ages but we've been saving for the wedding so thought better and now this!

Anything I need to know? I've used sky plus a few times before but never actually had it myself!

LOL that you think its for you.... ;)

C

Cupster

lol, what is she guilty of? jokes, Sky HD is ace.

Had mine about 2 months now and love it. Nat Geo/Discovery/movies HD = win.

As said the new EPG (TV Schedule) has yet to be rolled out.

You rocking a decent TV?

Clio 197 + Mrk 3 DCI
Nice one! Would love Sky HD....must be somthing in the air or the water thought, because my Fiancee has booked me in for a remap. Happy days!

F56 MINI Cooper S
its hard to remember that you have HD tbh, youll be siting on the sofa watching SKy1 in the middle of a good program then a advert comes on sayin available in HD, then you remember lol, always happens to me,

i do the same, esp with movies and sport lol

Revels Mum & Sister
Now then!

Just you fecking wait there IS a catch. I guess either;

1. She has been cheating on with a farm yard animal or your dad/best mate.
2. She has decided to double the wedding budget and you need to sell something of value to fund this

Always remember. BITCHS BE CRAZY!

2014 Focus Titanium
Lol Rasclart, fortunately the wedding stuff is all booked and deposits paid so I'm ok there!

BTW if she's cheating with a farmyard animal then ill just redtube it tbh!

In answer the TV questions - no i have a 14" portable, what do you think :D It's a 1080P 42" LG LCD so will do the job, need a 52" next!

P.S. I thought there was a massive waiting list for installations wasn't there? It must have gone now cos ours is less than 2 weeks from the order date which i was very surprised at!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

yes but then if you switch to sky1HD and it's not a widescreen program is doesn't stretch to the TV size, pisses me reet off.

Revo Stage 1 Leon FR
Lol Rasclart, fortunately the wedding stuff is all booked and deposits paid so I'm ok there!

BTW if she's cheating with a farmyard animal then ill just redtube it tbh!

In answer the TV questions - no i have a 14" portable, what do you think :D It's a 1080P 42" LG LCD so will do the job, need a 52" next!

P.S. I thought there was a massive waiting list for installations wasn't there? It must have gone now cos ours is less than 2 weeks from the order date which i was very surprised at!

If you are a new customer they will snap your arm off, if you are a current customer like my mum and dad who have been with sky since the days of 16 channels, then you have to wait 9 weeks !

172 Cup
If you are a new customer they will snap your arm off, if you are a current customer like my mum and dad who have been with sky since the days of 16 channels, then you have to wait 9 weeks !

Not necessarily. My parents upgraded to Sky HD recently and only had to wait 5 days.

2014 Focus Titanium
Not necessarily. My parents upgraded to Sky HD recently and only had to wait 5 days.

Hmm, that makes me think that it must be worse in certain areas. I suppose it would depend on how populated the area is and how many sky installers there are for that area!

C

Cupster

yes but then if you switch to sky1HD and it's not a widescreen program is doesn't stretch to the TV size, pisses me reet off.

Turn the HD picture settings from 1080i to automatic. This seems to have worked for me. Does the same on Virgin.

I had to wait 2 weeks of the 3 months sky originally quoted to get mine.

Clio 182 FF
I love Sky + HD. I didn't have Sky+ before and I wouldn't be without it now.
Me too

I watch anything i can in HD, last night i watched them move a whole house on a truck on Nat Geo Channel lol, just to watch it in HD.

The footie and golf are brilliant though!

I watch anything i can in HD, last night i watched them move a whole house on a truck on Nat Geo Channel lol, just to watch it in HD.

LOL! You're not the only one that does that.

Mildly interesting program in HD vs something good but in SD

HD always wins.

You'll also sit there and watch something you've recorded, get 3/4 through the adverts and realise you can fast forward.

I've had Sky+ for 2 years, I still do it.

german
You'll also sit there and watch something you've recorded, get 3/4 through the adverts and realise you can fast forward.

I've had Sky+ for 2 years, I still do it.

I do the opposite too, getting frustrated tapping the fast forward button for a few seconds then realising it's live :eek: