ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My gf's clio what a bargain!!

Vauxhall Combo!
In september last year me an my gf bought her next neighbours 1999 1.2 Clio its pretty basic with 52k, frsh and well looked after!

The best bit is it had a massive dent in passengers door where someone hit and run it in tesco and said she was offered £200 trade in so we could buy it for that price!!:)

Went to local scrappy next day armed with £75 and left with one clio passenger door in colour and fitted it along with a blaupunkt cd player for £15!

Wings and bonnett (sp) were faded (blue) but after a buff came up like new!

The most satisfying part was taking it to a local small garage and being offered £1200 cash or £1500 against another car!

We didnt sell it has its in good nick, but we havent used it since cause she hasnt passed her test so its been stood and M.O.T has ran off.

I just wanted to share our bit of luck and ask what should I be looking for M.O.T wise?

mrk 1 rsi
sounds good mate. things like rakes suspension,bulbs,tyres,if any welding needed. but at that age they shudnt need it. good look with the mot.

Vauxhall Combo!
Sorry, I dont have any pictures its just a standard basic thing tbh anyways!

I've give it the basic once over just wondered if there is anything I should look out for.

The washer jets dont work and I think its the electric bit, is this a common fault? Can it be fixed easy? Cheers! :)