ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my girlfriends New bmw MINI

My Girlfriends CAR BMW MINI
quoted from the mini forum

Guess what happened to me today.....

i am a teacher at a primary school and we are currently having building work carried out at our school. my mini one which is only about 1 month and half old is the best car in the car park all shiny and new!!
biggrin.gif

A builder walks towards the car park with a trolly turns to talk to his mate and lets the trolly go!!!!!!!!
mad.gif

guess where the trolly lands????????

yes straight into my baby
eek.gif

it has scratched the passenger side from the panel under the indicator to the end of my passenger door
eek.gif
not just a light scratch it has taken the paint off to the primer!! i can see metal!

he then had the cheek to walk off and pretend nothing had happened, until i got the site manager and he admitted to it!
mad.gif
mad.gif

The big boss told me to get a quote from BMW and they will fit the bill, so i did get a quote............................................. ..

£1500.00 worth of damage!!!! can't wait to tell the idiot tomorrow.

so my_mini_and_i are sad but she'll be fixed soon hopefully so long as they pay out!!

they want to sort it privately, should i ring and log it with my insurance?????
United%20Kingdom.gif
Female.gif
Hardtop.gif

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
God BMW want 1500 to respray a wing and door!? - thats madness!

Wouldnt go through the insurance though as it will effect your no claims?

182 has now gone!
very pricey those minis for parts and repairs. My cousin has got one and he got charged £45 for a set of wiper blades at his dealers!!!! nice cars though..

Love the way some people are anal enough to say "my BMW mini"
ITS A MINI FFS! lol you dont own an M3.

u dont see people Driving smart cars walking around say they own a Merc do ya?

Sorry, rant over.

cock mobile.
lol ^ how true.

Serious amount of money, but make sure you get it done at BMW, then you know it will be a good job at least.

I wouldn't involve the insurance company (just yet at least) because of a possible insurance rise (as Bubbles said). Not because you are making a claim, but technically you have been involved in an accident, you know what insurance companies are like!!

But make sure you have the full backing from the school, inform the head and / or bursar (just in case).

Them BMWs are so overpriced remember when I had lessons and my instructor was saying how much they charge for a service and parts, When he had a clutch fitted at BMW it was £750 there total rip off,
Anyway hope you get it sorted soon