ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My HD-LCD TV has gone wrong - any experts??

BMW 328 Ci
My Sharp Aqous 26" TV that I got in June'ish last year seems to have developed a problem. Anyone have any ideas to what could be the cause.

My HDMI slots have always been a bit dogey, I have a very long HDMI cable and it pulls slightly just with the sheer weight of it being in the side of a wall mounted TV. (not enough that it should cause a problem)
Sometimes the picture would switch off and on, then I found by swapping which end was in the PS3 and which was in the TV, it stopped doing it. Almost like one end had been moulded to the PS3, one to the TV.

All was fine until the other day, the picture suddenly started flickering when I started a game. Its like the screen keeps moving upwards, with the top appearing at the bottom, and a blurred bit imbetween. I tried all the usual things, swapping ends, off and on, holding the on button on the PS3 (resets the PS3 to find the best setting for the TV). Nothing worked. I have tried getting a new HDMI cable (I suspected this was the problem), but it does the same thing.
I dont think it is HDMI slot on its own though. Partly because it has 2 slots which both do the same thing. Partly because when you do the holding on thing on the PS3 to recallibrate, when it first comes up the picture is fine, its only when you try and switch to HD it goes wrong.

Anyone have any ideas. As always with these things its just outside the warrenty so im thinking im pretty much boned. Annoying!

Shhh
It will be covered, ring them up and ask them.

Sales of goods act covers you, something about an item should be fit for purpose.

A tv should last 5 years or so..