ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Iceberg PH1

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
Right thought id start a project thread as ive had the car a while now and from trying to keep it standard that idea failed when i saw others on here! So i brought the car back in August 07 for 4k with 42k on the clock full service history reciepts the lot and it was a minter! It came with a K&N cone filter within the orignal air box and a full stainless stealth system and some ph2 rear lights which was a nice extra along with a few other tarty bits here and there.

So the car was brought 2 months before my 19th birthday so it was the longest 2 months of my life waiting to get insured!

Finally got on the road and sorted out some new indicators

P270108_163003.jpg

P270108_163401.jpg

P270108_1634.jpg

Right then i saw what 16" f1s looked like so i had to have some! waited for ages for some to turn up and they did, really really bad condition but okay for a refurb. so i tripped up to chris curr's of here house in cheltenham and picked them up and put them on the car.
MY BRO IN THE PIC NOT ME! HE OWNS THE ST3

DSCN0734.jpg

DSCN0740.jpg

DSCN0732.jpg

So next i saved up some pennies for a refurb and hey came out very well thanks to BJV Engineering just down the road from moi.

P120508_183601.jpg

P120508_1836.jpg

P120508_183602.jpg

I also sanded and polished up some center caps on the lathe at work havnt got any pics of them but they cam out really well.

So by now it was looking smart but having a 4x4 look lol!

P150608_181801.jpg

P150608_1816.jpg

So one morning i herd a noise to find this on the floor as i drove off!

P280908_1445.jpg

Lower part of my coil snapped so good excuse to lower!:evil:

Ordered them for k-tec and my mates got a nice garge so we worked through the night after work to get it done. Next to a few nos'd red tops and one with a turbo! BEASTS or not!

P011008_210601.jpg

P011008_2106.jpg

So the outcome, she was sitting pretty!

P121008_143901.jpg

P121008_144002.jpg

RDSCN0972.jpg

RDSCN0975.jpg

Next came the dvd head unit not to in your face looks smart imo

RDSCN0988.jpg

Random night down south end with few mates

P210209_20521.jpg

Next i decided to add soem colour to the brakes some people hate it but i like it so thats all that counts!

P250209_211503.jpg

I had been looking for ages for a decent priced set of PH2 side strips finaly got some of greg on here they started out life in flame red but i sanded and sprayed them at work myself and i was very pleased with the out come from using rattle cans.

P170309_180201.jpg

P170309_1800.jpg

Next i got ass raped by renault for 38 quid for some bullets but i couldnt be assed to wait to find some for cheaper off the net so i went and just brought them.

And this is how it stands now

P220309_1416.jpg

Really pleased with and and there are going to be lots of additions soon so this is why i started and project thread! so wait n see......

Thanks for reading

Jon

EK4, 632 on black, Mk2Ph3
thats a minty ph1! your kinda near me!... :p
how is BJV? i got a friend who recommended me and he says theyre pretty awesome as hes had a few refurbs there, how do you find them?
im planning to get a refurb there sooner or later...

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
thats a minty ph1! your kinda near me!... :p
how is BJV? i got a friend who recommended me and he says theyre pretty awesome as hes had a few refurbs there, how do you find them?
im planning to get a refurb there sooner or later...

Yea mate they do a nice job there my mates has his rs4 rims done and they came out mint, mine where messy as, chunks out of them and they came back lovely. my bros st3 goes in next week for some black crome refurb sounds chavy but its not lol. ill post some pics up so you can se what they do.

purrrrrfect!

cheers mate not finished yet though few things in the pipeline and on order:)

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
cheers mate 64k :( still under avarage but its creeping up slowly, but i love driving it so im not one of these leave it in the garage people mine gets used properly

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Looks nice mate I've got an iceberg aswell on titanium coloured F1's.

I'm not hot for the colour coded bump strips personally I think it breaks up the silver and defines it as a phase 1

Just my personal preference though.

Its very very tidy though!!!!

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
my strips where to grey and faded for my liking, plus i think it looks alot cleaner with them colour coaded but yer each to there own, thanks for the comment matey

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
Picking these up on tuesday couldnt find a set of clio ones on the website and they will be in yellow along with a induction bend very good price aswell top guys at sfs performance with some mint cars aswell.

CHS176.jpg

Also in the middle of sorting out new cold air feed setup for my induction set up.

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
35mm prolines or sport lines what ever the 35mm ones are called i cant member lol sorry, even though i did fit them! cheers for the comment mate, few things in the pipeline stil aswell

Clio 172 RS2
Great story... so the waiting game was nailbitting innit?

What does your bro think of when driving or isn't he allowed to? LOL

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
the game was nailbitting?! i dont understand that! yes he drives it when he wants to not as fast as the ST and he moans about how bumpy the ride is and wants to no how i put up with it everyday but he loves driving it along with the old man aswell!

Clio 172 RS2
Quote.: "So the car was brought 2 months before my 19th birthday so it was the longest 2 months of my life waiting to get insured!"

So having a RS sitting all pretty but your not allowed to drive it yet for 2 months... sounds like a waiting game to me.

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
o right yer i no it killed me so annouying! specially seeing as i had a 1.2 16v corsa before!

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
Popped down to sfs performance today and picked these up.

Hoses.jpg

There in the process of designing a induction hose so if anyone else wants one let me no, they do good deals aswell.

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
Looks super clean mate, Ph2 rear and strippage would be great!

Flocked dash aswell!

Good progress with it ;)

cheers mate, as much as id like to strip it i hink im guna keep it practical as it gets used every day, as much as i like the newer shape bmp eri think i wanna keep the original shape but who nos well see, plus stripping you need buckets and roll cage to pull it off fully id prefer to spend that under the bonnet! which is were im going to be spending alot of time under in the next few weeks

Ph1
Nice work mate. Looks very tidy.

You could do with the door handles coding to match the bump strips. If you buy them from Renault for the ph2 they come straight ready to paint and are pretty cheap to purchase.

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
Nice work mate. Looks very tidy.

You could do with the door handles coding to match the bump strips. If you buy them from Renault for the ph2 they come straight ready to paint and are pretty cheap to purchase.

yer its deffinatly going to happen soon, what do they charge? the side strips ant renault are 140 a side un painted and with out bullets, but i got them off here for 35 and painted myself!

cheers for the commnet matey

Ph1
yer its deffinatly going to happen soon, what do they charge? the side strips ant renault are 140 a side un painted and with out bullets, but i got them off here for 35 and painted myself!

cheers for the commnet matey

Sure i paid something like 14 quid per handle from Renault but that was 2004 lol

A bodyshop refused to spray the ph1 handles saying they would chip in time so ended up buying new ph2's.

Far easier in the long run anyway looking back plus the finish will be a lot better than sparying and sanding the ph1 's :approve:

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
yer im not going to spray them ill get some that have already been colourd coaded from factory because they will come smooth already

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
That is lovely. Really shows you don't need mk2 side strips, bumpers etc.

cheers mate but it does have ph2 side strips lol but that the only ph2 addition thats happening its stayin as a ph1!

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
So spent yesterday getting then new hoses on. And started polishing aswell what a nightmare its turning out to be but its geting there still alot to do though.

Bay.jpg

Bay-1.jpg

Bay-2.jpg

Bays looking abit grimey but its going to look alot cleaner soon, new silicon induction hose will be ordered soon as sfs having finished designing the product.

Also the radiator is leaking :( so more money need spending there!

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
So the hoses didnt cure the leak i had so it had to be the radiator. SO i booked the day of work today and fitted my new ali rad that i found on the internet form a company called Advanced Radiators that burp recommended, next day delivery and a very good price too. And it weights a huge amount less than a stock one.

So i started work

Rad-2.jpg

And this was the old radiator as you can see the bottom corner is wet and very sludgy

Rad-1.jpg

So i got it fitted then gave it a nice scrub up. While i was there ive recently noticed that in the edgs of my wheels theres dirt building up that i cnt seem to get rid of so can anyone recommend something please?

Rad.jpg

Cheers

Jon.L

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
So carried on with the engine bay today. Still more polishing needed on the fuel rail guard and reno writing, its not exactly mirror but looks alot smarter than before. and not bad for DIY

Masked up and sprayed

Aaa.jpg

Outcome should have my silicon induction bend soon aswell

Aa.jpg