ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Iceberg Silver 172

Ph2 Iceberg 172
Hi all,

A few years ago I had an Ibiza which was heavily modified for track use, but split and sold it as I wanted something more practical. A quick picture just to get started:

Screenshot2011-07-27at215604.png

After going to watch a track day last month, the bug has well and truly bitten again and I began the search for a 172 to use daily and to do the odd track day when they come up. Originally I wanted a Cup, but after talking to a friend and doing a bit of thinking, it seemed a standard spec would be better for what I needed.

Anyway, one popped up for sale that sounded like what I was after, Iceberg Silver, low mileage, a few choice mods and within my budget. This morning I went to look at it, handed over some cash, and took it home!

Spec when I picked it up:

172 in Iceberg Silver
69k miles with recent service, belt and dephaser change.

Interior:
1/2 leather interior
Carbon thumb grips
Renault Sport Mats
Carbon look wrap on trims

Exterior:
182 wheels painted black
Cup spoiler
Raceland coilovers
Painted yellow calipers
Painted badges to match wheels
Mirror covers painted black
Window tints
Front splitter

Engine and performance:
Matched inlets
RS Tuner 98 RON map
K-Tech De-CAT pipe
Custom straight through stealth exhaust
Enlarged throttle body
HKS induction kit

Here's how I picked it up:

DSC_0153-7_zpsa38f0ec4.jpg

DSC_0154-2_zps052bea32.jpg

DSC_0155-3_zps8de07b3a.jpg

DSC_0151-8_zps35f9a433.jpg

After a little while, the K-Tec stickers, all tints, the front number plate and the carbon wrap on the dash inserts were removed.

DSC_0158-3_zps15ef8d94.jpg

DSC_0157_zps70edea5c.jpg

Plans for the near future are:

A general tidy up.
Fit the number plates and genuine aerial I've ordered.
Change the exhaust for something a little quieter (or maybe fit a silencer in there).
Remove carbon wrap from the foglight surrounds.
Raise the front up a bit as it's rubbing until I can sort out some shocks for it.
Fit some Cup spec Speedline Turini's I'm buying and getting painted anthracite, along with the grille and boot badges.
Paint the mirror covers silver.
Fit silver bullet side trims.
Fit a standard air box and tidy up the engine bay.
Paint the calipers a more subtle colour.
Sort out a few bits of broken trim.
Re-fit the headlight washers (trims already removed).
New wipers.

Thanks for reading!

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
So your basically putting it back to standard?

Looks like a decent car!

What are you going to do with the washer blanks? :)

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Im not right into my detailing but i usually wash it using zymol shampoo then a coat or 2 of SRP or my local detailing company products. Then poorboys wax. The blue stuff!

Weird, because when the car is wet, the bonnet is really bluey but the rest of the car isnt! Lol

Ph2 Iceberg 172
So your basically putting it back to standard?

Looks like a decent car!

What are you going to do with the washer blanks? :)

Thanks, seems okay so far, just needs a bit of sorting out to get it up to my standard. It won't be going back standard, as it will eventually get buckets and harnesses, but there are certain things I love on Clio's (Turini's!) that I need on this one.

The washer blanks aren't genuine, just some that were made up by the looks of it.

Such an awesome colour, wish they'd of done a 182 in the same colour

Looks ace in the second last picture. I love a bluey iceberg!

Mine seems to be alot lighter coloured :(

Cheers guys. I love the colour, it seems to change depending what light it's in.

What products you use to clean it? I managed to get mine alot more bluey

The guy previously was a valeter and has put Guard X paint protection on it. Not sure what other products he used though.

Nice motor, everyone loves a mint Iceburg ;)

Thanks!

Ph2 Iceberg 172
Gives me hope for mine, nice work!

Thanks. I'll be happier with it in a few weeks once I've picked up my Speedline's next weekend, along with the standard air box and any other bits my mate has that I need. Hopefully got a track evening sorted for the 9th of April at Brands Hatch too!

Ph2 Iceberg 172
Bits waiting to be fitted!

56FF9450-484F-4A98-988B-3921DBF91044-13413-00000D3346D28226_zps33dd7739.jpg

Just waiting on a boss for the steering wheel. I've got a K-Tec stealth exhaust on it's way and I picked up my Turini's which are now being refurbished and I should have them back next week.

Ph2 Iceberg 172
Done a bit to the 172 over the past few weeks.

Fitted new number plates.
Fitted a Sabelt RenaultSport wheel with OMP boss.
Fitted some standard shocks and springs.
Picked up my Turinis and dropped them at the painters with the badges and bullets. After a few days I collected them and just waiting to get tyres sorted before they go on.
Fitted a standard airbox and engine cover.
Fitted my K-Tec silenced stealth exhaust.
Removed the front fog lights and the carbon stickers from the surrounds.
Replaced the spring on the bottom of the gearbox that attaches to the selector.
Fitted some silver wing mirrors.

I also took it on track at Brands Hatch earlier in the month. It was wet, and only the 3rd time I'd driven the car but I still had fun.

Still got a few bits to sort, like a dodgy N/S Xenon, order my Cooksport springs and new front top mounts but it's getting there. I've replaced a lot of the missing trims too and fitted an Alpine headunit.

Pictures will follow, but it's nothing exciting so far!

Thanks.

Ph2 Iceberg 172
I'll keep an eye out for yours too! I swear every forum I go on you are there too! Pretty sure we went to school together as well!

Ph2 Iceberg 172
One from Brands Hatch:

IMG_0513_GreySilver_zpsf91e09d9.jpg

My CookSport springs were fitted at the weekend and I got a bit more done today. Calipers are now black, sorted the speaker wiring which a previous owner had bodged and I had to have a trial fit of a wheel!

0582A921-FABF-4CD7-9CD9-CC59112834D6-47278-000025AB789FAAC8_zps2e1a372d.jpg

Just need to put it back together and sort out my xenons which are being a pain!

Ph2 Iceberg 172
Another little update.

A picture of it just after the calipers were painted and wheels were fitted. This is on the Cooksport springs too:

7370C9DA-31BB-442A-A385-64469DD94FEF-7919-000005E382A7AA19_zps3b9cd847.jpg

Also one on track at the BHP Show at Lydden Hill on Monday:

4245D2DB-C316-4A11-BCB6-3BBF4AC7963E-7919-000005E3944C9069_zpsc37d2727.jpg

I picked up some Cup headlights and washer blanks yesterday then I managed to get both xenons working today! Typical! Cup headlights will be sold on now, along with the other set of Xenons I picked up for spares. I also got the rain sensitive wipers working this week, then something flicked up on the motorway and cracked my screen, so getting a new one put in next week.

​Thanks

Clio 200 full fat
Hi mate quick question is your. Cup spoiler. In titainium silver or iceberg I have an iceberg and I'm looking for a cup spoiler wanted to know if there is much difference thanks terry

DSC_0158-3_zps15ef8d94.jpg