ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my ickle 1.3 rocket....

ITB BG 182
I used to know some one who ownd a starlet turbo before it got side wiped by a HGV, the damm thing used to fly like hellbells an beat everything round the private race course

Starlet GT Turbo
I'm sure we can pop along to meets and stuff, ben always still talks and talks about clio's he does love them dearly!! lol and all our airfeild days always go up on the toyota sites!!
true car enthusiast (sp) appreciate every car in a different way, suprising how many starlet ppl love the clios!
As for insurance i think its 7 or 8ish! glanza is higher coz newer i think! not sure!
Clarkie hope u appreciate the dedication were travelling from Wigan for airfield lol

Golf R soon...
Very nice car! I don't find it to be that ugly :D

What kind of BHP is it putting out?

Daz

insurance groups vary from insurer, i've heard anythin from 7-12

MATT how much power was your TT clio running for that quarter time? and was it on slicks?

i'm now at 1.6 bar rather than 1 bar and gonna use road legal slicks to see wat time it can get

clio mk1
NICE, allot of peeps say its ugly, but i like how thay look, but sayin that i like how a metro 6r4 looks lol, proper agressive, going off show cars now there sill ace but you couldnt use one like you can wit this beast.:evil:

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Is a very nice :approve:

Ugly cars tend to be quick. Except the Fiat Mutilpa. Saying that, they arent too shabby once rolling.

Good stuff.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
love it!!!

prefere the glanza shape, but i'd love one :)

Thumbs up from me!!!

out last nite and roads were damp. came across an 06 plate M3 that wanted a go... lol... wheels spinning along side him at 70mph in 3rd... then pulled off once got grip... dont think he was pleased .. wouldnt even look over at me or anything.. lmao

Love this car, surprises me everytime when you accelerate, after a relatively normal start it just picks up speed at a scary rate.

Bringing it to the airfield again soon?

Mountune Tractor
out last nite and roads were damp. came across an 06 plate M3 that wanted a go... lol... wheels spinning along side him at 70mph in 3rd... then pulled off once got grip... dont think he was pleased .. wouldnt even look over at me or anything.. lmao

Probably didn't want to crash his 38k car for the sake of a half hearted race with what he thought was a chav, in the wet. Some what sensible driving for a BMW owner???

Starlet GT Turbo
lol ^^^^ he was tryin his hardest to get past!
Ppl who define drivers with this chav word really need to define the proper meaning! there was no burberry , ripspeed, lexus lights insight, just a raw car moving some, gauges aglow, and roll cage on show im sure he didnt mistake it for a "chav"
the price tag prob had something to do with why he wouldnt look over and his gf seemed to be shouting at him.

I'd agree this deffo doesnt look like a chav mobile. It'd be more the case of the beemer driver being gutted.

I've done one before and he was far from happy. Youngish lad with 2 mates in the car laughing at me and smiling at my girlfriend. He tried to undertake, i accelerated was neck and neck then i soared away... I slowed and he went past 5 mins later looking gutted! lol

Probably didn't want to crash his 38k car for the sake of a half hearted race with what he thought was a chav, in the wet. Some what sensible driving for a BMW owner???

lol then why he try it off 2 sets of lights and round a roundabout down the dual carriage way only to get owned each time

Clio 172 mk2
Ppl who define drivers with this chav word really need to define the proper meaning! there was no burberry , ripspeed, lexus lights insight, just a raw car moving some, gauges aglow, and roll cage on show im sure he didnt mistake it for a "chav"
the price tag prob had something to do with why he wouldnt look over and his gf seemed to be shouting at him.

The ego has landed lol

Mountune Tractor

I wasn't saying ben or his car is chavvy, im saying the bmw probably saw him as a chav and didn't want to entertain a race. It is very rare that I (or alot of other members) will race a saxo or a nova/corsa just to show them how fast my car is, waste of time.
I'd like to race your starlet with me in an M3 and see how we go. would be interesting.

i similar spec car to mine running same boost on same turbo etc. made 300whp so anyone in the drivers seat of the bm wouldnt make a difference. power to weight ratio's say its gonna lose either way.

from wat i can find the manual M3 does a quarter in 13.4 secs with its rwd launch and a trap speed of 104mph. i did a 13.4 at 1 bar of boost in a fwd 1.3. with a trap speed of 107mph so at 1.6 bar you dont think i'd leave it behind?

i similar spec car to mine running same boost on same turbo etc. made 300whp so anyone in the drivers seat of the bm wouldnt make a difference. power to weight ratio's say its gonna lose either way.

from wat i can find the manual M3 does a quarter in 13.4 secs with its rwd launch and a trap speed of 104mph. i did a 13.4 at 1 bar of boost in a fwd 1.3. with a trap speed of 107mph so at 1.6 bar you dont think i'd leave it behind?

No I dont lol.

At the end of the day the m3 can do 160mph they all go quicker than 155mph limiter, de restricted you can get a touch more. Eventually it will lead, your car is no doubt faster up to 110 odd though. Give it a long enough road like a motorway etc.

On a give and take a/b road the m3 will never get past though.

Starlet GT Turbo
Cool 172boost all you have to do is go buy an M3 :p

Ralph Wiggum even on a motorway would have be pretty mad driver to establish a lead especially at those speeds :S the starlet pulls all the way to 145mph

Cool 172boost all you have to do is go buy an M3 :p

Ralph Wiggum even on a motorway would have be pretty mad driver to establish a lead especially at those speeds :S the starlet pulls all the way to 145mph

Yeah but displacement pwns top end.

I'd like to be wrong but I reckon the m3 would come past eventually.

Starlet GT Turbo
lol well of course it would come past "eventually" its going to coz the GT would hit 145 and stay there :p

Starlet GT Turbo
maybe who knows!! put all i can say is accelerating fast where it was needed off the line and up it was prob disapoiting for the m3 owner!

Mustang, S13, AX GT
I was very close to buying a starlet GT Turbo, I love them they are fast for a little engine aswell! When I checked insurance though every-one said that the GT Turbos were imports so how are imports grouped?

Starlet GT Turbo
yeh every gt turbo is an import, just phone the insurances for quotes ppl can get very good quotes on them!