ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my ickle 1.3 rocket....

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
A starlet is more to insure than my sx for me.

Tbh M3's arent silly quick above 100. My bro's mate has one and it doesnt catch us.

Its standard but seems to go over 155 though?

Starlet GT Turbo
A starlet is more to insure than my sx for me.

yeh a friend of mine has an sx too and i think its twenty quid per month more epxensive for him to insure a starlet.
but then kinda makes up for it in fuel cost and tax etc!! cheap to run!

Mustang, S13, AX GT
yeh every gt turbo is an import, just phone the insurances for quotes ppl can get very good quotes on them!
Yeah got a pretty good quote for a '95 but they didn't know about the '96 models that I was looking at so wouldn't insure it, every-one that knew about the '96 GTs came back with rediculous quotes :(

I absoloutely LOVE that - one of my all time favourite pocket rockets - rare and stupidly fast in that form - you are so lucky mate. Good work

cheers fastwunz :)

kneel mine's actually a 1990 model dont think it makes any difference really on insurance tho for gt's unless u mean a glanza and a gt?

Mountune Tractor
i similar spec car to mine running same boost on same turbo etc. made 300whp so anyone in the drivers seat of the bm wouldnt make a difference. power to weight ratio's say its gonna lose either way.

from wat i can find the manual M3 does a quarter in 13.4 secs with its rwd launch and a trap speed of 104mph. i did a 13.4 at 1 bar of boost in a fwd 1.3. with a trap speed of 107mph so at 1.6 bar you dont think i'd leave it behind?

fair play to you mate. i still wanna race you when i win the lottery and buy an M3 though.
I will keep it standard and i wont de-restrict it of course ;)

Mustang, S13, AX GT
cheers fastwunz :)

kneel mine's actually a 1990 model dont think it makes any difference really on insurance tho for gt's unless u mean a glanza and a gt?
its the 96 Glanza shape GT Turbo I was looking it, love them. the older ones are also very cool and fast!

MKIII 138
hang on.. an M3 is a tidy bit of kit, it looks great, the image is pretty flawless at the moment, the interior is well put together and high quality, its safe, 340bhp with lots of tuning mods, the noise is very nice etc.. rwd 0-60 5.2, it has launch control etc.. etc.. then there is the M3 CSL.

TRC2004.jpg

most standard M3` mite be driven by estate agents with spikey hair and pink shirsts but forgetting that there an awesome machine with tuning potencial

btw this is my fave...

18-bmw-m3.jpg

Starlet GT Turbo
172boost would be cool altho i would prefer it if we won the lotto and bought you the m3 instead :)
at York on sunday hoping for a better 1/4 time 12s would be amazing :)

MKIII 138
lol meggerman is there a point to your post? or you on commision for bmw :p

yup, i guess what im saying is many things new and old are super fast perhaps even more fun to drive etc..

but the M3 driver that got toasted shouldnt have been to down hearted as he would easliy get laid more in a top end bimmer than a japanese binner

Starlet GT Turbo
172Boost -- no worries ;)

Meggerman - probably get laid more?omg im not even guna get started on that comment, nice to see your into cars etc for all the right reasons eh!!

Mountune Tractor
172Boost -- no worries ;)

Meggerman - probably get laid more?omg im not even guna get started on that comment, nice to see your into cars etc for all the right reasons eh!!

ave you bought your ticket for saturdays draw yet? :rasp:

Starlet GT Turbo
yes i have my ticket dont you worry, altho please dont be mislead by meggermans post - it wont improve your sex life!:rasp:

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Not the best looking car, but i think the above example is deff one of the better looking ones ive seen. The same can be said for Pulsar's in std trim the're ugly but i have seen some v nicely modded ones, whatever you say about them its v quick in a straight line...

went out following a mate who owns a exige.. damn thing comes on semi slicks and he knows the roads so i played chase.. never left me once on the corners and roundabouts! i was well impressed! so was he! slip diff works. lol

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i love these little cars, easy fun :) had a couple play with me in my 200 and they hold their own!!!

i got a 2 way lsd in my 200 and its taken some getting used to but im now comfortable with it lol, girls dont like it (too noisey and sideways isnt the right way apparantly lol) but apart from that so much more control over the car, if you want it to grip it will... and if u want it to slide u can put it how u want it and just play with the gas to alter it :D what i loose in the corners i make up for in straight lines :D though i dont think i loose that much in the corners anymore lol.