ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My little Clio

Right, got my Clio just over a year ago as I wanted something a bit more fun than my Astra.
My mate Dan has since talked me into doing some track days, and a trip to the Nurburgring in July, so I thought I would add to her a little.

Here she is when I got her

sept2008018.gif

sept2008019.gif

Basically I thought that suspension and brakes were going to be the first thing I played with, as the Clio has more than enough poke to put a smile on my face.
So I had a little look on here to see what people thought about various bits and bobs. Coilovers seemed to be the prefered suspension of most people, however I can't really afford coilovers at the moment, so I thought I would go for a set of Eibach Sportlines and some Koni adjustable dampers.

060.gif

064.gif

Who needs spring compressors, lol

067.gif

073.gif

I know there is a ongoing dispute as to whether the front strut braces do much or not, but I thought I would give it a go, along with the rear to match.

054.gif

057.gif

005.gif

I had been told that changing the bushes in the wishbones was a good mod, although to watch out for elongation of holes in the sub-frames. So on the phone to K-tec and 2 days later I took delivery of some powerflex bushes. Took advantage of the press we have at work, and a mate who can weld a little.

080.gif

Then it was time for some track wheels, I wanted to have a different set of wheels and tyres for use on the track, like most people really.
So a secondhand set of 15" OZ Superturismo's were in order.

So her she is so far, after a quick clean this morning.

010.gif

006.gif

008.gif

Next is brakes, not sure whether to go for uprated discs and really good pads, or a four-pot system?

Thanks for reading, any comments or advice welcome.

OZ Superturismo's, they are on there because they are what I'm going to use as my track wheels at Marham track day and its the last time I will be home before then.

google image
Good work!

can't beat proper, sound, sensible modifications

Beef - What do you mean about the rear strut brace? is it the colour?.....

Enjoy ;)

yeah, had a mate who can weld so got him to put a few blobs around each one for me, fitted a treat!

Cheers danmc17, I've had good advice ;)