ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Lupo GTI

GTD, Lupo
I do have a soft spot for the Mk3 VR6/GTi.

Just got a mk6 GTi myself. No turning back to French crap!

p.s. Guess you like red cars lol

No need to change cleaning products :D

Only issue with VW is the rust, they love to corrode!

GTD, Lupo
It peaked at 953 on the road in 2005, currently 726 still taxed and 122 SORN

So rare, but not as rare as you heard

(according to HOWMANYLEFT)

There is also a company in Southampton who are currently importing them in from Japan. Japan had a lot more sales than the uk and with the nature of the car they have all covered very few miles. I think they have one for sale at the moment with only 3k on the clocks. Mind you they are asking £8k for it!!

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Never understood the hype about these. Yeah they look ok but 4.5k? Is it just all about the scene tax on these?

GTD, Lupo
Never understood the hype about these. Yeah they look ok but 4.5k? Is it just all about the scene tax on these?

This so called scene tax applies to everything not just VWs. An RB/LY with 39k on the clocks in totally mint condition, never tracked, full service history would go for more than £4.5 easily (mainly because there are not many left). I looked at a couple of 182s last year and the sellers were asking £4500-5000 for cars that had a book price of £2400 and unfortunately it all comes down to a matter of supply and demand. I understand it isn't a car everyone will get and maybe that is the reason they only sold 900 odd. I wanted one from the day they were released but unfortunately i wasn't in the position to buy one 13 years ago and with having an Octavia Estate to do all the work i can stick this in the garage and just keep it nice. Hopefully i will be able to get my £4.5k back in a few years, all dependant on scene tax rates mind!

On a lighter note it had a full service and cam belt change today and was given a totally clean bill of health with the only issue being the rear springs are slightly corroded. Im going to clean all the leather this weekend so hopefully it will lose the horrible shine.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Oh man I must have hit a nerve there!

Scene tax to me refers to the VAG scene. Slammed cars etc. That's scene for me.

GTD, Lupo
Oh man I must have hit a nerve there!

Scene tax to me refers to the VAG scene. Slammed cars etc. That's scene for me.

No nerves hit trust me, i was just trying to explain the principles of supply and demand. Yeah exactly the scene to me in slammed and wide wheels but i have a totally standard Lupo gti a car i have always wanted to own and tick of the list i guess.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
It's just the value they hold that staggers me. Don't get me wrong I don't mind them and remember a couple of years ago thinking about buying one. Then looking at the price and being gobsmacked!

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
I miss mine massively. Had it for 3 years and did about 50k miles in it not even using it for work. Was my first quick ish car. Did many trackdays and nurburgring 4 times in it and it was faultless!

GTD, Lupo
Ok just a small update, I'm pretty much just sorting out all the little issues the car currently has.

The first was to tackle the exhaust as it was sitting off centre and low. Unfortunately there is very little adjustment from the mount on the back box and i ended up having to make a small mount which can be adjusted through the boot floor.

Before
869B12E3-DC1F-42B5-B903-DBD520127EB2_zpsezthljau.jpg

After
44348B14-A9EE-4DB5-A37B-F664C1608320_zps4ys5tid8.jpg

Also fitted clean plates and have ordered a few new part. My intention was to keep it pretty standard but last week i ordered some coilovers and Cambridge rear lights. The lights turn up this week and will be fitted but the coilovers are going to wait until the weather brightens up a little. Im not looking for stupid "stanced" lows but just a small drop.

Things to do:

Door check straps - replace bushings
Respray - Spoiler, bumper, rear rh and front rh wing
Coilovers
Rear lights
New engine cover
Enjoy

Rs 200
Used to own a silver loop o4 plate 6 speed version.
After another one, went to view a protential px for my Rs 200 full fat, however it was rotten :(

GTD, Lupo
Used to own a silver loop o4 plate 6 speed version.
After another one, went to view a protential px for my Rs 200 full fat, however it was rotten 😧

I looked at quite a few and they do have some issues with rust, especially on the roof rails. Best to just wait out and get a mint one. There are a lot of imports coming over from Japan with low miles and good spec.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Amazing the value these hold really. Always loved how they looks, they really look like they're on steroids!

Looks nice in red too.

GTD, Lupo
Well just a small update, coilovers fitted...

DE22EF46-49DC-4D3A-8D23-8A3766002189_zpsqccecvt1.jpg

I then had to raise it up so it doesn't sit like this now as i needed to get the tracking done as the car has started to pull under acceleration.

The tracking failed to fix the issue but I'm going to get a garage to check out the wishbone bushes this week, its not a major issue and its only when going flat out with no hands on the wheel and that never really happens.

Next up is getting the wheels refurb'd and then i just plan on leaving it alone and enjoying it during the summer months.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Well just a small update, coilovers fitted...

DE22EF46-49DC-4D3A-8D23-8A3766002189_zpsqccecvt1.jpg

I then had to raise it up so it doesn't sit like this now as i needed to get the tracking done as the car has started to pull under acceleration.

The tracking failed to fix the issue but I'm going to get a garage to check out the wishbone bushes this week, its not a major issue and its only when going flat out with no hands on the wheel and that never really happens.

Next up is getting the wheels refurb'd and then i just plan on leaving it alone and enjoying it during the summer months.

Looks lovely

Must be a vw thing my r32 pulls to one side on acceleration, had the tracking done too :down:

Going to get it checked, be interesting to find out whats causing yours.

GTD, Lupo
Looks lovely

Must be a vw thing my r32 pulls to one side on acceleration, had the tracking done too :down:

Going to get it checked, be interesting to find out whats causing yours.

Thanks, it does seem to be a common issue with most of he vw range. The lower control arm bushings seem to be made of cheese and when they go you seem to get an increased torque steer. I never really noticed it until i got my tracking sorted out and i can only imagine the coilovers have made the issue worse but under normal drive i have no real problem. I might just end up buying the front end Powerflex bushing kit and at least i have peace of might for the duration i will own the car.

GTD, Lupo
Well i have been away for the last 2 month with work so decided to wheel the old girl out for Goodwood breakfast club. Considering it hasn't been washed in over 2 months its still pretty spotless. The wheels were refurb'd just before i left and i should get around to fitting all my poly bushes for the front end this week.

1D825CFA-636C-47B3-B9AD-149623BBAE48_zpse8xw7ma0.jpg

F4EAEE71-6B2C-46F7-862F-C5907DA16635_zpsvw7uvdaa.jpg

975305E2-2275-4168-837A-3E7DE6932891_zpsom5hfs5t.jpg

FD64DEF1-31A6-40F8-BC9C-962103038C12_zpsbvkk0734.jpg

919D489B-1CC0-4926-BC6E-4B48FA09ADA6_zpswont1aif.jpg

GTD, Lupo
Not a massive update but the car is now being driven daily due to having to commute to work since buying a house. The car makes the odd funny noise here and there but so far no issues. It's now on 44k which makes me a little sad but I enjoy driving it.

Just a small picture from breakfast club taken by Pete.

3DDAAE2E-274B-43F5-A65B-031C17307A5D_zpsymb1sx6y.jpg

Nothing major planned, just a small repair to one of the arches after I hit a pot hole and the tyre removed some paint from the inner arch.

GTD, Lupo
Well it's been a while since I have updated this. Unfortunatley no massive updates just cleaned it some more and sorted a few things that were bothering me, new discs and pads all round, tyres and a full wheel alignment. It's not looking too bad now considering it's now on 52k and flew through its last MOT.

I have been a little tempted to sell it over the last few months having received 2 offers for £6000, one of them even drove down to see the car even though I hadn't even advertised to sell it which was a little worrying and weird at the same time. I almost took the offer but I really don't know what I would replace it with.

First thing I needed to tackle was my engine bay, which was clean but a few bits needed replacing due to being damaged.

Before
IMG_5550.JPG

After
IMG_7533.PNG

Just a couple of recent snaps.

IMG_7392.JPG

IMG_7369.JPG

Plans are now:
-Find a set of BBS RMs, randinox dishies with dark gray centres.
-I have a brand new rear bumper to replace the damaged one, just needs paint.
-More cleaning...

GTD, Lupo
Well a small update. I picked up some BBS rms a few weeks back just so I could put a tick in that box.

ACF8BBBB-1803-4622-B194-2A330C26C027.jpeg

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Looks great! Nice to see one that's not silver as well... think it could do with some spacers to make it perfect though ?