ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Lupo GTI

GTD, Lupo
Well after a long time with out a car i picked this up at the weekend.

B6369A93-FDCF-48F3-BF55-199BC26E7C1E_zpsddrfd4tm.jpg

Spec is:
39k miles
Heated leather seats
CD player
AC

I think that was pretty much every extra they offered back in 2003 so not a badly spec'd car. Well i got it home Saturday and the weather was bad so i waited until sunday before giving it a wash down and moving it into the garage for a full correction. I will get some better pictures up later but here are a couple from yesterday.

8AE96FF7-CFFB-4C1B-BB5E-1A4F7CE2B419_zps3dycnn5h.jpg

363D629F-1007-4443-91FF-762193DC7701_zps4bfccnim.jpg

63063FE2-E309-4471-A9CC-4CD74986D13C_zpsda7c7x6i.jpg

1A45F369-8466-4F1F-98B3-E0DAC35B8295_zpshwwzhjfl.jpg

15CFF66F-C754-4AAE-AFDB-DEC96E346FAC_zps5sztjf4b.jpg

I also managed to crack out my old pot of DODO orange crush now i have a red car again. Love this stuff

7F26C31C-CC3C-407B-924E-DAF71029F8D3_zps6orcz1oy.jpg

Plans are to just keep it pretty standard for now. The rear bumper and spoiler could both do with a bit of paint as they have taken a knock but will wait till summer for that. The car is booked in for a full service and belts on friday for peace of mined. Other than that i have stuck a standard arial on instead of the stubby thing and removed some horrible seat belt covers. New door check straps on order along with some clean plates and more cleaning today hopefully with some better pictures to follow.

Wow low miles! Everyone that comes up for sales seem to have 100K+

Never driven one but I bet they are a right laugh. Like a properly made VTS.

Brightest Xenons on any car ever too iirc.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Love these.

I had an Arosa sport, it was great fun. I had a Bastuck exhaust on mine which sounded lovely.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Awesome. Loved mine. It was on coilovers and handled like a go kart.

Only extra it is missing is the sunroof, which isn't a bad thing anyway.

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Xenons are great on these. Ours has now done about 120,000 miles & is showing signs of age. Excellent cars, with LPG it's practically free driving!

RS4
That must have cost ALOT of money.

Edit - it was up for 5995 in August so can't have been far off that. Was not as much as I thought it would be

GTD, Lupo
Love these!

Awesome little cars

Check the drainage holes as they can block up easily

I made a point of giving them all a good clean out, they were all so clean i imagine the car has been garaged its whole life.

Wow low miles! Everyone that comes up for sales seem to have 100K+

Never driven one but I bet they are a right laugh. Like a properly made VTS.

Brightest Xenons on any car ever too iirc.

The Xenons are crazy bright, i had to aim them down a little as my mate who took me to pick it up said i was blinding him on the way back.

Love these.

More pics needed. Inside and out.

A bit more cleaning today and i will some interior pictures up.

39k...

I absolutely dread to think what that cost you lol.

It wasn't cheap but it wasn't as bad a Liquid Yellow tax. I paid £4.5k but for what is pretty much an immaculate car (apart from the knock on the rear bumper. After looking at a handful of 182s this year around a similar price this is far better condition. It was originally owned by a little old lady, she died and left it for here daughter and she just didn't want it. So unless that little old lady thrashed the living crap out of it, it should be pretty good. i can't see it loosing any value any time soon.

Looks tiny in the photos!

Its is so small, my wife had an Up! last year and they are identical size. I do feel a little silly in it sometimes.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Just realised it was yourself that posted this...! You've been awful quiet mate, was it a 197 you had before?

Tbf, you could run that for 18 months and still get 4.5k...

GTD, Lupo
Just realised it was yourself that posted this...! You've been awful quiet mate, was it a 197 you had before?

Tbf, you could run that for 18 months and still get 4.5k...

I had a couple of 200s prior to this with nothing but issues and have just been on the look out for a 182 but struggled to find one.

I live 2 mins from work so i still have no real need for a car so the mileage won't go up. Im just going to get it back to showroom condition and get it out for summer time, if we have one.

LY Megane R26 230
What an awesome little car! Really wanted one of these a few years ago but couldn't believe how well they held their value

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
I have always liked these. Nice to see a red one too, as I only seem to see silver ones?

Good choice on the wax I use DoDo's 'Banana Armour' for the Trophy and it does a great job.