ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My M3 CSL

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
New one taken at Brands Hatch this evening!

wgxhsi.jpg

Great picture mate :cool:

Do the CSL's come with drilled discs as standard? When the pads heat up these discs can cause deposits and their lifespan reduces.

Turbos.
Yeah they do, i'm not sure why they chose to drill them but the CSL discs are actually pretty good...the only item that lasts in the brake department.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah they will be. I have drilled discs on the WR1, and they are impressive. The pads just leave deposits on the discs though, which can lead to problems later on. For short term use, drilled discs are better than grooved IMO. If you dont track the car or give it a daily hammering, they'll be fantastic.

Turbos.
BMW get a lot of warranty claims for the rears especially where stones get stuck in them and fook everything up! I have a set of APs on order for mine, should be beasty then.

Turbos.
Lol, undecided about exhaust as i love the induction noise so much. I might keep the standard backbox and investigate some straight centre pipes and race cats.

With tracks getting OTT about noise you'd never be allowed on with a straight through anyway, even marshalls at the Ring are getting in on the act.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Lol, undecided about exhaust as i love the induction noise so much. I might keep the standard backbox and investigate some straight centre pipes and race cats.

With tracks getting OTT about noise you'd never be allowed on with a straight through anyway, even marshalls at the Ring are getting in on the act.

Straight pipes with the standard silencer shouldn't be much louder than standard.

Turbos.
I'll probably go Supersprint mani/centres/racecats and std backbox. Better cams and a remap and it's close to the magic 400!