ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Mark 1 Clio RSi

Clio RSi
Hi guys, i thought i would just show you my mark 1 Clio RSi that i got the other day!

It was initially purchased as a stop-gap car as my Astra had eaten its engine and is awaiting repair, but transport to my place of work is non-existent and the gf also needs a car for her work, so having the Astra off the road posed a BIG problem!

As i didnt spend alot on it, i didnt actually expect alot so was well prepared for any problems that may have popped up! After about 45 minutes of owning the car travelling down the M1, a very nasty metallic clanking noise started....this was follwed by something flying out the back of the car causing traffic behind me to swerve out the way of the bit! Abit worried the car wasnt going to make it back to MK i carried on!

When we finally got home and after a very very bad metl on metl noise when braking we re-checked the car........It turned out the rear brake pads on the passenger side had decided to eject themselves from the caliper! GULP!

A quick trip to Euro car parts and i had all the bits to replace the brakes at the rear......apart from some silly little L shaped bracket! Grrr! But a little bit of bodgery had a piece of aluminium in place until i could get the work the next day to make a new set!

Fast forward to Friday night, just leaving the parents and the clutch pedal gives way! F**K! It was dark, wet, i needed to loo and wanted my Friday night beer! I couldnt fix it, so had to get the gf to come pick me up!

Saturday i head back to Dunstable to fix the pedal, with a quick stop at A5 Salavge. They had a pedal there with a lot more that what i had stuck on my car, but as i got there at closing, i have to wait until Monday to pick it up! Poop! Anywho, i carried onto Dunstable to bodge the clutch just enough to get the car home and get to work monday morning. After *****ing around with the cable, finding it had been spaced out with copper plumbing pipe and a large washer that had somehow held the clutch together, i managed to use bits and pieces to get it working! Yay!

So here are the pics of my interesting car that certainly keeps me on my toes everytime i get in it!

Shocking! lol!

Spec -

1.8 8v
K&N Filter
Hand painted with a paint brush Milla Miglia alloys with Rover centre caps
Some form of very loud exhaust system (type unknown)
Show cage (held in with 2 M6 bolts on the floor, none on the arches as you can see)!
Lack of interior
Shocking tax disk holder - i am a Southampton fan!
Seems to be lowered on the back but not sure by what. Standard front suspension
Willaims bonnet?
Rover headunit that switches off every five minutes then back on!
Damaged Fli speakers that flap and crackle

Good bits -
Fun
Fast (well faster than the 206 HDi we have)!
Keeps me on my toes when things are falling apart every 5 minutes
Smile on the face!

Bad bits -
Oil leak from somewhere around the crank pulley (from what i can see)
Rusty rear arch
Very badly installed cage by some muppet
Dents in the roof caused by the above
Dodgy clutch pedal
Dodgy stereo
Muppet painted alloys
Strange smell of 50 air fresheners
The 3 oil guages not working (anyone got a wiring diagram for this??)
Random bits of trim missing
A horrible clonking noise that sounds like you are constanly driving over cats eyes (anyone got any clues as to what the hell this could be??)
Possible front wheel bearing (could be from above?)

So anywho, plans are to re-fit the cage at least a little more safely than it currently is, sort rust, fix clutch cable, ditch knackered speakers, ditch Rover stereo, re-paint wheels in a little more gentlemanly fashion, sort oil leak and general tidy up!

Any comments welcome, good or bad, and any info on the dodgy noises & wiring of the oil guages or where is best to get bits of trim etc feel free to add!

Enjoy!

Jon :)

Clio RSi
Only a couple of hundred, but the dam temporary clutch repair i did saturday gave way this morning! :( Though i did end up having the car stop outside the strip pub, just a shame it wasnt open!

Someone has now also suggested that the bottom end could be knocking!? How expensive a fix is this?