ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Mean, Clean, 172 Machine - lots of photographs

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I think you should cut the bumper and lift the exhaust. Would look a lot nicer IMO

Im planning on doing this with my one, raise it up a bit and chop the tip so its sitting flush with the bumper.

Some people wrap the rear bumper too, from the bumper insert down the way if you know what i mean?

Im planning on doing this with my one, raise it up a bit and chop the tip so its sitting flush with the bumper.

Some people wrap the rear bumper too, from the bumper insert down the way if you know what i mean?

I don't actually mind the exhaust myself. Problem is, if I was to chop of the end so that it sits flush with the bumper once raised, I would then loose the "oreca" text on the end.

Was looking to wrap the back bumper too to give it a "diffuser" kind of look. But then like you've said, the exhaust would need to be raised and sit in the bumper. Otherwise would look like its really hanging down low lol.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Cut a bit out of the actual pipe and get it welded back up so you still have the whole tip.. the Oreca isnt exactly visible anyways tbh!

That's true actually. If you get get round to doing it give me a shout so I can see what it looks like. Might end up doing it if it looks better!

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Watching the vids of the exhaust it sounds like it's not running right??

Watching the vids of the exhaust it sounds like it's not running right??

Seems to be when I put 95 fuel in, runs a bit rough and pops and bangs. When run on 97 super unleaded runs sweet as a nut. Problem is with being in the county side is they don't really sell 97! Have to go out my way to get it.

Well today I hit a massive pile of horse sh*t! Thought my car would just go over it, but no "BANG!" My bumper is officially a poo scoop. Have to to re-screw my splitter on in the corner now lol. Got to watch out too round here as the tractors a full of tons of potatoes atm, and these potatoes are the size of boulders, spread all over the road where they have fallen out the trailers. Would be narsty to hit one of them think my bumper would be gone.

image-26.jpg

I've now removed the vinyl from the front bumper. I will be painting the callipers this week, cleaning the engine bay and will be painting the lettering on the bullets yellow soon.

image-42.jpg

image-43.jpg

image-41.jpg

Bullets only took me an hour, no way near perfect so will redo in the future but alright for now. I'm going go a grey, silver, black and yellow colour scheme.

On route to Liverpool. Cars on its way to how I want it but still loads to do :). Stripped the back seats out, sounds awesome now from the inside with loads more grunt. No more lifts for people now ;)

image-47.jpg

image-44.jpg

Carbon wrapped my mirrors which took about 2 hours but was definitely worth it. Painted my break callipers also to get the colour scheme going. They stand out loads now, so what I plan to do is buy some black "Renault" calliper stickers to make them more subtle. Will get some pics up when there on and also some better photos.

image-48.jpg

image-46.jpg

image-50.jpg

Nice updates mate! Cars looking well! Back to standard plates, did you sell the personalised reg?

Yeah back to standard plates, the bloke who owned the car before me claimed them back lol. So decoded to get some pressed plates. Not to bothered though the private ones didnt mean anything to me anyways :)

How come you removed the vinyl?

I really liked it!

Decided to take it off just because it was a different shade black to the splitter. Thinking about spraying all my plastics black soon so may look into doing it again! Thinking about taking off the side stickers now but not 100% sure.

RB182
How on earth can that exhaust be legal sticking out that far !? For me its making the rear look cheap.
Either get the tip cut or welded on shorter to keep your text, or get the pipe leading into the back box shortened.